Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally ordered my vehicle. After many weeks going backwards and forwards between the limited, and the sport. I decided to go with a V6 4WD SPORT in Flint Mica. No JBL availalbe in my region yet so no steering wheel audio controls :-( Anyway, I got Daytime running lamps, tow prep, sunroof, side and curtain airbags. Going for Katskin leather also, and maybe a dealer fitted tow bar.

Would have liked the leather steering wheel, but oh well. Not sure if Katskin could do that also?

My vehicle is on a boat right now, and will hit Portland on April 20th, will receive it before the end of the month... Getting antsy. V6 certainly has some get up and go, and will be a nice replacement for my 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Maybe not as fast, but a baby seat in the car makes me drive slower anyway! I miss the eclipse as it was modded and did 12.5 in the quarter. Roughly 380HP with the mods it had done to it. :-(

Anyway, now that I am sharing the wifes old 93 lumina, ANYTHING will be better!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Congrats, I was going to install some leather cover on the steering wheel at first but turns out that the RAV's steering wheel has a very nice feel to it, no need for leather.

D

·
0 Posts
Congrats! I am considering the same model and color...hopefully with the JBL option though. Also looking at the Katskin leather. Please share more info when your unit arrives.

S

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
I do not think so,. I have heard both and there is a big difference

The G Man said:
The JBL unit is over rated.
I agree. The first RAV4 I test drove was a Silver V6 Sport that did not have the JBL. It sounded horrible! The JBL is a very nice sounding factory unit. Dynamat the car and it would sound like a high end unit IMO. :D

B

·
0 Posts
sstarrx3 said:
flyingn said:
I do not think so,. I have heard both and there is a big difference

The G Man said:
The JBL unit is over rated.
I agree. The first RAV4 I test drove was a Silver V6 Sport that did not have the JBL. It sounded horrible! The JBL is a very nice sounding factory unit. Dynamat the car and it would sound like a high end unit IMO. :D
I think the point is the 'premium' JBL unit is just about acceptable. The 'standard' unit is awful.

Guess which I have :x

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Baron G said:
I think the point is the 'premium' JBL unit is just about acceptable. The 'standard' unit is awful.

Guess which I have :x
I agree, its just barely acceptable. I would go with a after market unit myself. The JBL is loud but it just doesnt have the frequency range when compare with some other premium system. I guess I am spoil too, I have a Mark Levison system in my other car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got the standard unit. Remember that sound from a system is more than just the deck. Speakers play a big role as well. I'm totally impressed with the standard set up but, it's not too bad considering some of the other factory set ups I've had in the past.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yes, I agree. The cheapest way to improve the standard radio is to change out the factory speakers. The factory speakers are so so cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts