Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be trading in a vehicle...the blue book trade in value is 4600 (2000 hyundai sonata)...will they give me anything near that??? if anyone has traded in a vehicle...what type of things to they look at the car (inside, outside, under the hood, test drive??) i want to try to increase the value of it as much as possible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
All I can say is good luck. Whatever your expectation is for your trade in, expect the dealers offer to be far short, even to the point of being offensive.

P

·
0 Posts
Well, my dealer lowballed me at first - $18k. I said I have a dealer that would give me $19500, sight unseen (this was true). We eventually settled for $19300 with all weather mats thrown in.

Oh yeah, the best part, I paid $18750 for my car last May. 2005 Saab 9-2X Aero AWD 5 speed.

W

·
0 Posts
trade-in

well, the Canadian Blackbook for a 2001 Honda Civic DX was about CDN$8800 but we managed to get a trade-in for $12500 which when you consider the sales tax implication (14 percent taxes on the difference when you trade a car in for a new one), it is like selling it privately for just under $14,000 We did a lot of research looking at local/regional used car sales magazines, newspapers and totally disregarded the very low black book value.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: trade-in

[Canadian Blackbook ]

The Canadian blackbook is only guideline on what the dealer may give you on a trade-in (depending on condition, mileage, etc.). The blackbook is not what the vehicle is worth if selling. The red book, which only the dealer has, will give you what the vehicle is actually worth (what a buyer is expected to pay). Similar books are available at book stores. They give you a price range in 3 different categories (trade-in value, private sale value and what the dealer will be selling it for).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts