Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I am about to order some side view mirrors with turn signals however I have one crucial question. Do you guys know if this will effect the side view mirror heated defroster or not?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I email them and their reply is " Not available for the US version".

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
michael said:
I hope someone who knows can help me out with this. The sooner I know the sooner I can order.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
flyingn said:
if your actually changing th ewhole mirors then the defrosters will not work. If you sticking on the turn signal on your existing defroster mirror if will work fine.
He is talking about the whole mirror assy

link to mirror picture

The other question would be regarding the wire harness that is in the door now. Is this a plug and play thing or are you going to have to get the pin outs for the existing wire harness and create an adapter for the Japanese mirror so the existing remote mirror adjust capability remains (assuming the Japanese mirror has motors in it) and where are you going to get the turn signal wire?

This might take a whole new wire bundle to make it work correctly.

It's a cool mirror but it is going to require a lot of investigation before starting this project.

Please post the "How I did it " if you go forward with this and were able to make it work.

·
Registered
340 Posts
michael said:
I made a mistake. Their reply is The mirror cannot ""fit"" the US model.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
michael said:
michael said:
Oh so it looks like I can't get this :( My toyota dealer was going to install the stuff for me. But if it can't fit the US model then I can't buy it... thats too bad.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
michael said:
michael said:
Michael - Who EXACTLY (Name / Company) did you receive this info from?

·
Registered
340 Posts
RAVMAN said:
michael said:
michael said:
Michael - Who EXACTLY (Name / Company) did you receive this info from?
I got the reply from japanparts.com, his name is Graham Ware, title: Export Manager. So, I think he can be trust.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Muth makes signal mirrors for the older Rav4s, it's just a matter of time before they offer them for newer models. They have a request page for new models, wouldn't hurt to check if you really gotta have em.

http://www.kwmuth.com/

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK what are we talking about here? My outside mirrors don't say "HEATED MIRROR" like they do on my BMW or STS. I didn't think we had heated mirrors in the RAV4 :?: However, it really never gets cold enough in Florida for me to test that option. Do we or do we not have heated outside mirrors?

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
inlets said:
OK what are we talking about here? My outside mirrors don't say "HEATED MIRROR" like they do on my BMW or STS. I didn't think we had heated mirrors in the RAV4 :?: However, it really never gets cold enough in Florida for me to test that option. Do we or do we not have heated outside mirrors?
check here ... http://www.toyota.com/rav4/models.html

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
heated mirrors are a canada only thang..

inlets said:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
flyingn said:
Your LIMITED has them :? They are operated by the same switch that turns ON/OFF your rear window defroster 8) Standard feature for the SPORT and LIMITED models. BASE doesn't get it :roll:

Those JDM mirrors are so FANCY... I can't help but think they are also HEATED... but unable to verify :cry:

I received an email from NewToyotaParts (they also sell these mirrors)... they say they plan on posting to our forum later this week or early next week. When they show up we can run this question by them :roll:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up RAVMAN. You would have thought the mirror would have stated HEATED MIRROR on the bottom.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
oh crap.. brain fart. You are right.... Sorry.. Limiteds have em

RAVMAN said:
flyingn said:
Your LIMITED has them :? They are operated by the same switch that turns ON/OFF your rear window defroster 8) Standard feature for the SPORT and LIMITED models. BASE doesn't get it :roll:

Those JDM mirrors are so FANCY... I can't help but think they are also HEATED... but unable to verify :cry:

I received an email from NewToyotaParts (they also sell these mirrors)... they say they plan on posting to our forum later this week or early next week. When they show up we can run this question by them :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts