Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the Seattle market. Anyone know how long it takes to take delivery of the actual vehicle after ordering it? I was told by one dealership in this area 90 - 120 days; and another said 30 days?

Also do some dealerships get more vehiles per month than others?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trank,

I just purchased a Pacific Blue Limited 4X4 from Michael's in Bellevue. Keep calling around. I also found a red sport up at Rodland in Everett, and a Pacific Blue Sport 2X4 in Seattle. They seem to trickle in to the Seattle area daily, but just a trickle so you'll have to act quickly.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I checked Michael's weeks ago too. I'll be looking.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Michael's "claims" to be the largest volume dealer in five states but there lot is very small, go figure. I called on Wednesday night (four days ago) and the Limited just arrived. I bought it on Thursday! Call Rodland and ask for Wendy in the internet department. She was very nice to work with.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, I'll call tomorrow. How did you find their pricing compaired to other dealers? I think I got a price there in early April. Maybe I just looked around, can't remember?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trank said:
I'm in the Seattle market. Anyone know how long it takes to take delivery of the actual vehicle after ordering it? I was told by one dealership in this area 90 - 120 days; and another said 30 days?

Also do some dealerships get more vehiles per month than others?
Don't forget about Portland. I check the local dealers web sites weekly out of curiosity. I have seen the entire spectrum. Every color, and trim over the last few weeks. Check daily. They don't stay on the lot for more than a couple of days. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good advice. I'm on the south end of Seattle. Can you give me the name of a few dealers?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trank,

At Rodland they offered a Red I4 4X4 Sport to me for $1100 under MSRP! Seattle was MSRP minus $500. I found another place, I forget which one, that was MSRP minus $750 but they didn't have any in stock. My wife wanted Pacific Blue.... When I found the Pacific Blue LTD @ Michael's, I jumped on it - the best I was able to do was the Costco price (MSRP - $100) even though I showed them the qoute from Rodland. Lot's of people standing around my car with salesman near by.... Actually, it was the worst deal I ever did on a car but we got what we wanted....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I know. Doxon in Auburn and Heartland in Bremerton were quoting good prices $1,500 - 1,753.00 below MSRP, but they never seem able to have any actual vehicles. Ahhh, dealers and their games!

I'm starting to get so fed up I'm considering the 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe or a Honda!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trank said:
Good advice. I'm on the south end of Seattle. Can you give me the name of a few dealers?
Gresham, Beaverton and Broadway Toyotas usually keep their stock up to date on their web site. If you see one you like tell them you are interested and coming to see it. Since you are driving a long way they may think they got you by the you know what, but there are several toyota dealerships in town to leverage and walk out if they give you grief. If you get $1000 under MSRP you have done very well. Remember Oregonians don't pay sales tax so dealers don't have to come off the price as much to fit a car into someones budget, and they know that :wink:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't do the Hyundai!! I too went back and forth between the CR-V and RAV4. I ended up going with the RAV for the following reasons -

1. I have the top of the line Accord (EXV6 w/Navi). It runs great but the quality isn't want it used to be (rattles, etc.)
2. The RAV is new for 2006. The CR-V is going to be new in 2007...
3. I wanted to try a Toyota product after having had many Honda's. Toyota's styling is more modern than Honda's and the interior material quality seems to be much better in the Toyota as well. Check out the Auto tranny "stalk" in the CR-V, and also the emergency brake handle :roll: The seating material seems weaker in the Honda than in RAV - and it looked a bit "dated" as well.

We'll see over time if Toyota was the right choice. For now, I'd say so.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you. Unfortunately we have to pay sales tax, ULGH!! I would need Washington tags. Thanks again for the advice.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trank said:
Thank you. Unfortunately we have to pay sales tax, ULGH!! I would need Washington tags. Thanks again for the advice.
They would just charge you Washington's sales tax, so they may come down to sell you one, if they wanted a sure sale. Hope you find one :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trank,

"Why no Hyundai?" - I read several reviews that said that the engines are very weak - both the 4 cyl and V6. I think Edmunds also has a review that wasn't very flattering. Now, let's not forget depreciation - That Hyundai will depreciate 90% over five years and the Toyota/Honda will still hold over 50% of its value. Let's not forget Quality (fit and finish).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts