Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to start. OSB2 code and research points to replacing sensors, cooling fan wiring or the entire alternator.

Any advise on how to walk down the system to find a root cause to this Low or High Power Supply Voltage?

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Here's what the service manual says:

C1241-Low Battery Positive Voltage

Possible Causes:

- Battery
- Charging system
- Power source circuit
- Internal power supply circuit of skid control ECU

These are listed from the most common to the least likely. I would start by getting a proper load test of the battery. If that passes, I would get the alternator tested.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Demfer, please go to your profile page and fill out your location as well as model, year, and engine type. This helps us give you better information.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Demfer, please go to your profile page and fill out your location as well as model, year, and engine type. This helps us give you better information.
Thanks JuneBug! Updated.

Can anyone confirm that this video correctly identifies the Bank 1 Sensor 2 for my 2011 V6 Rav4 sport?

youtube.com/watch?v=UvEhE6NDrs0

To date I replaced the battery and tested the alternator. I seem to still be getting similar codes and the other day a new one come up.... likely related?

imgur.com/a/BEgf4

The three codes now deal with the ABS system (C1201, C1241) and 4-wheel drive (C2141 again).

Not sure how everything is related but I am hoping the B1S2 oxygen sensor is to blame. Just a bit confused on correct part number and sensor location....There is some conflicting information out there regarding whether it is below the driver side or elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any input.

P.S. Sorry for the lack of links. I guess my post count is not high enough to hyperlink :frown

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you make sure your battery cables aren't loose or has corrosion?

Maybe this pic will help you with the sensor
Yes Sir. It was pretty corroded and a bit nasty so I replaced the entire battery, cleaned the connectors and added petroleum jelly to the terminals per my typical practices on all of my cars.

Thanks for the pic, it does seem B2S1 is right under the driver side.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yes Sir. It was pretty corroded and a bit nasty so I replaced the entire battery, cleaned the connectors and added petroleum jelly to the terminals per my typical practices on all of my cars.

Thanks for the pic, it does seem B2S1 is right under the driver side.
Did you test the battery with volt meter while car is running. ( ideally between 13.8 and 14.2 volts)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you test the battery with voltmeter while car is running. ( ideally between 13.8 and 14.2 volts)
Yes we took it to a friends shop who tested the battery (reading about 13.5 while running) and alternator. The battery was OK but I decided to replace as it probably wouldn't last the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts