Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my 2016 SE about a week ago, and one of the first things I noticed after driving home was that my Auto window switch wasn't working for either up or down. Fastforward a few days, it started working.

Another thing was the backup camera. There are line settings you can set, but just in the last couple of days, a new feature suddenly popped up. Besides the red "STOP" line and the blue static guide lines, a yellow dynamic turn path line started showing up and working without any settings being changed.

Does Toyota put OTA updates out? I thought it was really cool.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can reset the auto up/down windows by holding the switch up for 5-10 seconds. On a Honda, it's similar but what it really means is that you hold the button up and down for a few seconds after the glass finishes moving. That could've been what happened here and you didn;t even realize you'd done a reset.

I don't think it transfers to the backup camera. Did you back up in to something and then keep trying to backup for a few seconds after you ran in to it? :serious

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh okay, that would explain it. I mean I did hold it down since that would be the only way to get the window down or up without the auto function. As far as the backup camera goes, I guess we could try it again. Put in reverse and press accelerator for 10-15 seconds :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
the dynamic turn aint always fully set up at dealerships, we are slacking on it.... it will come with the blue lines first, when the wheel have been turned all the way to both ends left and right the system is initialized.

as im currently awere off we dont have any over the air updates (atleast we dont in europe)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the dynamic turn aint always fully set up at dealerships, we are slacking on it.... it will come with the blue lines first, when the wheel have been turned all the way to both ends left and right the system is initialized.

as im currently awere off we dont have any over the air updates (atleast we dont in europe)
Thanks for that moment of clarity. It all makes so much sense now. I was thinking Toyota was going Skynet on us for a moment :laugh

·
Registered
36 Posts
personaly i would love to see it happen, as it would make my diagnostic jobs so much easier if i could just connect to the customers cars via chassisnumber.

but it also creates the risk of unautorized persons accessing the system...

on the other side, with the 4.4 ravs dont try to lie to your dealer about conditions faults occur....
the list of data we pull from the cars (yes its saves) is 4 pages long now with all the parameters faults occur....

you enjoying the 2016 so far?
we are still waiting for them to arrive in norway :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
personaly i would love to see it happen, as it would make my diagnostic jobs so much easier if i could just connect to the customers cars via chassisnumber.

but it also creates the risk of unautorized persons accessing the system...

on the other side, with the 4.4 ravs dont try to lie to your dealer about conditions faults occur....
the list of data we pull from the cars (yes its saves) is 4 pages long now with all the parameters faults occur....

you enjoying the 2016 so far?
we are still waiting for them to arrive in norway :(
Yeah, I could definitely see the security risk.

Definitely enjoying it. Manufacturer is pretty hush hush about the 2016s. For good reason I guess, all of the local dealerships still have plenty of 2015s they're trying to dump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts