Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out this weekend trying to find a temporary solution for a cargo light due to the poor design (this has been the only real con with our new RAV).

I wanted to find REALLY small tap lights in black...but, couldn't find any. I also tried to find some kind of rechargeable light that would charge in the auxiliary power outlet in the back. We did find one at Pep Boys, but they wanted $16.99 and it was for "mood lighting." Well, we ended up at Target and found a battery operated light from Energizer called, "Trim Flex LED." It isn't a very bright light...but, it is going to do the trick for now. It has a clip...so, I clipped it onto the cargo mat....this way it is out of the way, and stays put.

At Target, they had a battery operated closet light that may have worked, but it was HUGE, and it was white...it would have looked UGLY back there! LOL!

I would love to hear what anybody else has done for a cargo light...if anything! Thanks!

Here is a photo of our temporary solution:

Edited...originally I said Walmart...but, we actually got it from Target.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ravishing,

Where in Target was this light located? Are you all turning on the rear dome light in your RAVs? Silly question I know.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
purduealum91 said:
Ravishing,

Where in Target was this light located? Are you all turning on the rear dome light in your RAVs? Silly question I know.
The light was with the hardware section...by where they have their lightbulbs, night lights and their closet lights. I can't remember if the flashlights were there as well.

Yes, the rear dome light is on...but, it doesn't stay on with only the cargo door open. I think it would have been great if Toyota made it so the rear dome light turned on while the cargo door was open...instead of just that little light in the door. Maybe I missed something when reading the owner's manual to have the rear dome light turn on with the rear cargo door?

The little light on the door is bright enough most of the time when I'm just taking out my laptop and/or briefcase (I have a BIG briefcase on wheels! LOL!)...but, there are times I have lots of stuff to lug home from work where I would want it to be a bit brighter. I will only be using that little gadget light once in awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts