Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big deal, but did anyone else notice that the outside temp gauge reads as "Out side". Looks like 2 words?

Just an observation.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, mergedown, yours is easily the best avatar! Superb!

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I'm guessing that the LCD display is probably designed to be able to present both inside and outside temps (even though Toyota doesn't seem to have enabled that particular feature in the RAV).

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I noticed that on the ride home with my RAV. I told my wife that there must be a way to switch it to inside. I tried to twist the odometer reset thinking that may be the way, but of course it was not so I figured I would look at the manual later and see if it could be done. Never got around to it.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
it only detects outside temps not inside

Smellfunny2000 said:
Yeah I noticed that on the ride home with my RAV. I told my wife that there must be a way to switch it to inside. I tried to twist the odometer reset thinking that may be the way, but of course it was not so I figured I would look at the manual later and see if it could be done. Never got around to it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And as mentioned above, Inside is ONE word also, so that would cause "In side" to be displayed.

Oddly annoying, but I'll live.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Guess we're lucky it doesn't say "uwabe". (Japanese for outside)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flyingn said:
ours is pretty close. We drive by a band which displays the temp and the RAV is always within 1-2 degrees
Thanks for the info flyingn!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts