Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it is possible to change the outside temperature display from "F" (Fahrenheit) to "C" (Celcius) for the North American models.

Thanks.

B

·
0 Posts
There was thread somewhere a while back about this. Think the consensus was no - its hardwired to Farenheit.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
You'd probably have to replace the whole instrument cluster with one from a metric country like Canada, but that would be expensive and also mean you'd get a speedo in km/h.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Unlikely, as that kind of thing is usually hardwired as part of the country-specific instrument cluster and not changeable through software. But you can always ask.

K

·
0 Posts
Have no idea how the Rav4 works as I don't have one YET, but my wife's Audi A4 can be changed from F to C by holding down a combination of buttons on the climate control and radio. Answer may be burried in the manual somewhere.

Y

·
0 Posts
KarlZuni said:
Have no idea how the RAV4 works as I don't have one YET, but my wife's Audi A4 can be changed from F to C by holding down a combination of buttons on the climate control and radio. Answer may be burried in the manual somewhere.
Same with our 99 Volvo...

I'm thinking it would be very strange for a manufacturer that pretty much invented "lean manufacturing" to have two different parts for something that really only needs one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
One option you have if you don't mind spending a reasonable amount is to get one of the autodimming mirrors with temperature on it. I got the autodimming with homelink and compass, but they make them with temp also. They're pretty easy to install and not too expensive. The mirrors do allow for display in either F or C.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've looked at the technical documentation before, and I'm pretty sure you can't change it. Since the speedometer is different for say, Canada, the whole cluster is different anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts