Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't quite understand the great concern on the battery voltage. After three days with no activity on the car, my battery is at 11.5V. I am not concerned. A full battery is 12.6v. When I see 10v, I will be concerned. When I start (ready) the machine, the battery voltage will go to 14.3v or.4. Parasitic draw is there, and that is a fact. I believe that as long as it is not an external draw the car will function just fine. My rav is 11 months old and has sat for up to a week with no external connection and starts just fine. FWI

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE Pro Audio/Dynamic Nav/Weather Packages Build date: June 2021
988 Posts
I don't quite understand the great concern on the battery voltage. After three days with no activity on the car, my battery is at 11.5V. I am not concerned. A full battery is 12.6v. When I see 10v, I will be concerned. When I start (ready) the machine, the battery voltage will go to 14.3v or.4. Parasitic draw is there, and that is a fact. I believe that as long as it is not an external draw the car will function just fine. My rav is 11 months old and has sat for up to a week with no external connection and starts just fine. FWI
I guess the concern has come from a few here w/ dead batteries that were not very old. It is great to know 11.5V is not a problem with this car. Several articles I read suggest that is almost too low to start 'a car' with.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree. They use AGM batteries in the Prime, which is more of a deep-cycle battery. It should be able to handle the standard parasitic load, unless there is a firmware issue. There was one, but it should have been fixed on all cars by now.

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime XSE Premium
543 Posts
4h later my wife hears a funning hum coming from the car when she went out into the garage for something. I went out, retested voltages, now 12.09v.
If it was somewhere around ~5 hours after running it, it was likely the fuel evap leakage check. The sound is oriented underneath towards the rear of the vehicle. As per the attached and based on my experience, it will run for several minutes.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number

101 - 109 of 109 Posts