Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I'm new here. Ready to purchase a new (to me) RAV4. Really liking the 2009-2012 years. Feeling overwhelmed that I have to pick one that will meet my needs, budget, must-haves. I'm intimidated because I've never purchased a used vehicle, so I don't want to screw up. Your guidance and general thoughts are very welcome. Finally found "the one," I think, but what am I not thinking about??? Is this a smart buy? I'd like something that will last me maybe another 10 years. I'm coming off 16 years driving the same Toyota Echo that now has 275,000 miles, so I'm loyal and a believer. :smile

2009 RAV4 Limited
Toyota dealership (it was a trade in)
V6
105,000 miles
$14,900
Clean Carfax with oil changes every 3-5K miles
Sunroof
Leather Seats, heated
Roof rack

What else? Is this a bad buy? What should I ask? Consider?

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you've done your homework. About the V6 engine, I have spoken with owners who have in the range of 250,000 miles on their V6s with no problems. Based upon the info you've provided the RAV which you're considering should serve you well. About the price, checking with the online Kelley Blue Book would give a good guideline. What to check? Suggest having the dealer check and print out the Toyota online service records, which will provide a record of all services, recalls, replacements, etc. done by Toyota dealers. Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

Reactions: MidvalePerson
1 - 2 of 2 Posts