Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased a 2016 Toyota Rav4,comes with a 2.5 liter engine, that has 8100 kms. on the odometer now.The question I want to ask anyone out there is when do you recommend changing the motor oil as the engine is breaking in and would you recommend using synthetic oil? We appreciate anyone helping us with this question.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Welcome! Suggest following the Owner's Manual regarding break in oil change. Auto engines these days don't seem to have any special requirements for early oil changes because of break in. Also, in the U.S. the 2.5 engine uses synthetic engine oil, it likely is the same in Canada - again, suggest following any recommendations in the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Synthetic strongly recommended. Especially so in Alberta.
I had my first service done at 8000km. and Toyota service didn't change the oil. I ask them and they say only change oil at second service at 16000km.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Stick with synthetic 0W20 and as other say, per the recommended change intervals. My 2 cents; avoid the "quick oil change" places. Go to a reputable garage or the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts