Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I purchased the car, they provided like 5 or so manuals/books but no case/bag. What did you guys have?

This is for the 2016 RAV4 XLE Hybrid.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
My 2006, 2015 and the Hybrid all came with a plastic case that holds most of the manuals, but not all if you want to fasten it closed. To be honest I haven't looked at the hard copy manual for months, I only use the downloaded pdf manuals, it's much easier to use the search than find something manually. I keep the hard copy under the passenger front seat so it's there if I ever need it, otherwise it just takes up valuable space in the glove box.

http://www.toyota.com/owners/resources/owners-manuals?garagePrefVehicle=0&garageModelName=RAV4

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
My '11 4.3 RAV manual and the other books and booklets all were supplied enclosed in a plastic folio-type case with a snap closure.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The plastic case that came with mine has the dealer's advertising on it. So its something the dealers buy on their own.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine's like a book that opens to show all the manuals. It has the Toyota logo on the outside, a placeholder for a couple of business cards inside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
No case for mine. All the manuals are in the glove box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I emailed my dealership and my sales agent will get me a case, I guess they forgot to give me it when I purchased.

·
Registered
240 Posts
So when I purchased the car, they provided like 5 or so manuals/books but no case/bag. What did you guys have?
We bought a Limited and it came with no case. Retrieved the case from the 2004 Highlander we traded in. Storing the rarely used manuals in the house.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine's like a book that opens to show all the manuals. It has the Toyota logo on the outside, a placeholder for a couple of business cards inside.
Thanks for the picture. I just want to make sure I have things legit since it's a new car. It thought it was strange how they just said here are your manuals...

·
Registered
87 Posts
We didn't receive a case with ours either, was just looking into this as all we got were all of the manuals rubber-banded together in the glove box. Granted I use the searchable PDFs whenever I really need something but it'd still make for a cleaner look for our glove box. I'll ask our dealer about it when I get our winter wheels put on this coming week.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I was not surprised, given my many experiences with dealers, but I recently received an email, from one of the sales ladies, from my dealership, stating she had found an inquiry with my name on it, and she wanted to know if I was still interested in buying a new RAV4. This really reinforces my belief, once they have your money, no one really remembers you, or your name. I am not talking about a year later, I am talking next week.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
I was not surprised, given my many experiences with dealers, but I recently received an email, from one of the sales ladies, from my dealership, stating she had found an inquiry with my name on it, and she wanted to know if I was still interested in buying a new RAV4. This really reinforces my belief, once they have your money, no one really remembers you, or your name. I am not talking about a year later, I am talking next week.
The salesman at my Toyota dealership calls me once a year without fail to wish me a happy birthday. Sure, that could be attributed to a computer program, but whenever I'm having service done, I walk around the showroom and if I see him, he greets me by name and asks me how my RAV4 is doing. I bought the vehicle from him 8 years ago, and he has never tried to pressure me to buy a new one. Nice folks.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
Just picked up my 2017 RAV4 Limited Hybrid yesterday. No case for the manuals. There really are a slew of them.
That's Toyota for you. Trying to save those nickels and dimes again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My XLE came with a nice case and a dealer key fob. I've downloaded the manuals into iBooks and find it a bit easier to search.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got a cloth/vinyl case that holds all 2017 Hybrid SE booklets/manuals which I leave on a bookshelf in the house. I don't think I've ever opened any of the booklets/manuals as I've PDF version of the them on my smartphone and iPad which i reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a cheesy plastic like case from the dealer. It is very generic and says nothing about the RAV4. Quite a step down from the plastic case I got from my Hyundai, which at least identifies the car. And not even in the same league as how it is packaged with the Lexus.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
I remember one automaker actually put an iPad in the glove box with all the manuals on it! It was the Hyundai Equus if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts