Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my Rav and signed all the paperwork, My sales person gave me all the manuals. I said, where is the black leather like zipper case to keep the manuals neat and in one place like I got with my other Ravs. She said, some come with it, some don't. So I went back to my 01 and took the zipper case that came with it. Did anyone get the case I am refering to? Just very curious.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
It's an optional item for the dealer to throw in as a freebie perk -- I wouldn't expect all of them to give it away though...

I got one from Ourisman Toyota with my '01, but not with the '97 I bought at Lustine.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get one either. I was handed a file folder that had the manual in. If I had known that I would have kept the leather cover from my Neon I traded. If I don't get a cover why should they? :p

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karrock said:
It's an optional item for the dealer to throw in as a freebie perk -- I wouldn't expect all of them to give it away though...

I got one from Ourisman Toyota with my '01, but not with the '97 I bought at Lustine.
I find that hard to believe. Probably, the manuals come from Japan with or without the case. I don't believe it is a dealer option.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
etop said:
karrock said:

I find that hard to believe. Probably, the manuals come from Japan with or without the case. I don't believe it is a dealer option.
nope, manuals came bare. dealer can purchase case and give it out or charge for it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
puttputt said:
I didn't get one either. What I got was a white, vinyl pack with velcro closure.
The one I got with my 01 was black and zipped all around and had the word TOYOTA embossed on the front with big red letters. If they are not doing this anymore, it saves them a couple of bucks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing I've seen listed on some Ravs I've seen online is DK - Owners Portfolio. I wonder if this is the leather case? I'll have to check my window sticker and see if it mentions this and if so call the dealer and ask what it is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got the zippered case with red Toyota logo embossed. Kinda nice. Too fat to fit into the upper glove box. And strangely enough, the slots sewn on the inside cover to slide in things like registration, insurance card, etc. have the opening on one end, but the plastic sleeves to insert the various booklets have the opening on the other end. Oh well, better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
khakiboy said:
One thing I've seen listed on some Ravs I've seen online is DK - Owners Portfolio. I wonder if this is the leather case? I'll have to check my window sticker and see if it mentions this and if so call the dealer and ask what it is.
YES... this is the leather zippered case with the red TOYOTA logo. If ordered... DK shows on the Monroney as "No Charge" 8)

This is one of the many items we throw in at the port when processing vehicles. I'm surprised more vehicles don't include them... as the price is right :lol:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I seen this too on some stickers and wondered same thing..

khakiboy said:

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Kelly, can you get some of these for us poor Toyota owners who did not get one?? :):):

Please!!??

Kelly Smith said:
khakiboy said:
YES... this is the leather zippered case with the red TOYOTA logo. If ordered... DK shows on the Monroney as "No Charge" 8)

This is one of the many items we throw in at the port when processing vehicles. I'm surprised more vehicles don't include them... as the price is right :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
None came with the Rav4 Limited I bought yesterday. Manuals came in a small manila envelope. :roll:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rav4newb said:
None came with the RAV4 Limited I bought yesterday. Manuals came in a small manila envelope. :roll:
I am sure most dealerships include the zipper case on the ones they order. The one that come on their alotment would not have it. It should definately be included with all Rav's.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got a paper pouch kinda thing that has the dealers info and motto "Doin' It Right!".

I like flyingn's suggestion. Can you get us some kelly? hehe. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to get one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine looks different from you. It's not a zipper type but a button down type. Look like an organizer with a small solid silver toyota emblem. Will post a picture this weekend..

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
flyingn said:
Kelly, can you get some of these for us poor Toyota owners who did not get one?? :):)
Sorry... no can do :( My employer does NOT allow me to purchase parts and then resell them. They used to give us pretty good discount... years ago... but of course it only took a couple people to abuse this offer and ruined it for us all :roll:

Regarding the DK (Toyota Portfolio)... IMHO... I agree with what's been posted here... it SHOULD be included with ALL new Toyotas 8)

If I was a NEW Toyota owner and DIDN"T get one... I'd go back to the dealer and request one... for FREE 8)

Part number for ordering is "00116-PORTF-00SM".

Good luck :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts