Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there just 2? the front and the rear? front being left and rear being right..I am guessing...

my codes read something about a sensor. I cleared them expecting them to come right back on but they have not.

I was expecting them to come back on soon so I didnt write it down before cleared them. the codes havnt tripped yet but I have 103K now so its time.

2006 v6 RAV4 base.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
is there just 2? the front and the rear? front being left and rear being right..I am guessing...

my codes read something about a sensor. I cleared them expecting them to come right back on but they have not.

I was expecting them to come back on soon so I didnt write it down before cleared them. the codes havnt tripped yet but I have 103K now so its time.

2006 v6 RAV4 base.
What codes did you get?

V6 has 4 sensors.

Bank 1 sensor 1
Bank 1 senosr 2

Bank 2 sensor 1
Bank 2 sensor 2

Bank 1 is closest to the firewall

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
throwing code P0037 Bank 1 Sensor 2 ....so i am now looking for a new sensor.

is it better to replace sets or just do it as they fail? ive never replaced more than 1 at a time ...owned 16 or so cars in my life...lol....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bank1 sensor 2 ordered....

would it be logical to expect bank 2 sensor 2 to be near done as well? thinking I should replace both sensors after cat at same time. I cant see how they wouldnt both be worn.

bank 2 sensor 2 = 234-4261 I will probably order that one also.

edit...I went ahead and ordered the left side sensor 2 so both will be new. im already going to be there..might as well.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
bank1 sensor 2 ordered....

would it be logical to expect bank 2 sensor 2 to be near done as well? thinking I should replace both sensors after cat at same time. I cant see how they wouldnt both be worn.

bank 2 sensor 2 = 234-4261 I will probably order that one also.
It depends how long your going to keep the car. If no code then its not bad yet.

Let us know how it goes after you change it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It depends how long your going to keep the car. If no code then its not bad yet.

Let us know how it goes after you change it.

I have no plans to get rid of the car so I ordered both sides of the downstream. and the thread cleaner and the remover just in case I cant find mine.

the car has been rock solid until now. love the power I get from the v6. its time to do maintenance stuff so I am not worried this has come up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally installed them both and lights went away. must say it was easier than changing the oil to do both sensors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts