Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I got the first error code reading on my wife's 2007 v-6 RAV (P0355). the car has 92,000 miles. As per my reading of previous posts, this is the ignition coil on the #5 cylinder (the one closest to drivers side of firewall). There is no indication of a miss or misfire; stomp the go pedal and it does not miss a beat. I did a reset by pulling the EFI main & ETCS fuzes, but after a few seconds the CEL, VSC and 4WD lights came back on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any rough idling? I had the coil go out on a taurus and it would idle with the rpms fluctuating slightly. Have you noticed anything similar?

Reactions: Snappy

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yesterday I got the first error code reading on my wife's 2007 v-6 RAV (P0355). the car has 92,000 miles. As per my reading of previous posts, this is the ignition coil on the #5 cylinder (the one closest to drivers side of firewall). There is no indication of a miss or misfire; stomp the go pedal and it does not miss a beat. I did a reset by pulling the EFI main & ETCS fuzes, but after a few seconds the CEL, VSC and 4WD lights came back on. Any ideas?
If you decide to change the Back coil , you should change all 3 back ones and plugs while you have everything apart.

Ignition Coil Set of 6 Kit for Camry Avalon Rav4 Sienna Venza RX350 ES350 3.5L | eBay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=_vEhpkGGGyk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally starting getting intermittent misfire. Changed #1 , 3, and 5 coils, along with all 6 plugs. I pulled the intake plenum, but left the TB in place. I think I could have reused the plenum gasket, but decided to err on the side of caution and replace it. I found the best way for my older arthritic fingers to remove the electrical connectors was to gently use an offset flat blade screwdriver to lift the plastic tab up enough to clear the tab on the coil and then remove the connector. 24 hrs later, I, accompanied by my 18 yr old grandson, drove from Alaska to Florida. 4,347 miles in 5 days. Other than a flat tire, no mechanical issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts