Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently out of town on vacation 1,000 miles away from home. Came out to find a coolant puddle under the Rav4 this afternoon. Turned on the vehicle to find Check Engine + VSC + 4WD lights on

Plugged in my code checker and it came up with P0606 + 2 pending codes: P0606 + P0138.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...on the way to Auto Zone now to at least be able to top the coolant off. It was at the "low" level, but still had a decent amount in the reservoir.

Thanks for the help! Definitely a little bit of a predicament being so far from home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add some Auto info:

2006 Rav 4 Limited: 4WD, 4 Cylinder engine

102,000 miles

Not sure what coolant to buy either to top it off...searching the forum here for guidance on that as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I read a lot on here about this being O2 sensor or ECM. I didn't have a coolant leak before this issue today though. Is there any possible correlation between the coolant leak and this code? I would hate to take the vehicle in with this code and have unnecessary work done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would think the coolant leak and the codes are coincidental. My 2006 RAV4 V6 recently had the P0606 code. Even with the CEL, VSC, and traction light on the car still drove fine which led me to believe it wasn't he ECM. I switched out an original O2 sensor, B2S2 (one of the four) and reset all codes and must have got lucky because lights have been off for 4 days and it just passed a smog test.

Definitely get the correct coolant. If the vehicle drives fine and the mpg are normal, you'd probably be ok driving it for a while until you get home. Sometimes I've heard that faulty O2 sensors could cause the engine to run rich or lean and possibly have an effect on the cat converter. So watch your mpg.

My wife drove our RAV for about 3 weeks until I was able to finally fix it.

Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts