Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Have been lurking this forum trying to clear my CEL.

99 AWD Rav 4, just under 260k miles.

I've been getting a slew of codes and solving them only to have others pop up.

My current code is P1130.

This popped up right after I swapped bank 1 sensor 1 with a brand new A/F sensor.

This code seems to indicate an issue with the A/F sensor most commonly.

I replaced the sensor with a Denso DEN-234-007, as the vehicle conforms to the CA emissions standards.

I bought it from a local shop that assured me the part was OEM. Based on info I found on the net I concluded a Denso would probably be a safe replacement.

However, while googling my issue I found this image : http://rav4world.com/tsb/EG012-01.pdf

I'm wondering if anyone thinks that my code could be being caused by the fact that I'm using the Denso part as opposed to the official Toyota part listed there.

As a disclaimer, I have not verified that my fuel injectors or fuel pressure are not the issue.

I have done a basic visual inspection of vacuum hoses, and have not found rips or tears.

I'm relatively inexperienced in car maintenance, and would just like to get a consensus as to where to go next.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update for y'all;

Took it to a shop because I was at my wits end with the car.

Coded ended up disappearing right after I got on the hook for the engine diag.

Strangely enough, the code has returned but does not set the MIL (CEL) on. I was able to pass inspection despite my 02 system not being readied (not sure if it ever will ready up, since my engine still has the code.)

For anyone else in this situation, take some time to drive your car around before panicking. It seems like the system needed to adjust to the different sensor.

I learned an important lesson about patience and not procrastinating on repairs!

Good luck all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts