Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep getting P1150 DTC after putting on Magnaflow catalytic converter. Started with an Ignition coil problem on Cyl #3. Replaced all coils and plugs (183K miles). Next DTC was P0420 - catalytic converter. Made sense since there's been a slight power loss over the years. Figured bigger might be better = Magnaflow. Replaced A/F on Bank 1 upstream because old sensors threads were stripped. :mad: Replaced A/F sensor for Bank 2 Upstream but it didn't clear code, so I'm doubting sensor was even defective.

Has anybody had to have the ECM (ECU) reflashed after putting on a larger exhaust? Car was driven ~ 30 miles with ignition coil defect, so no saying what fuel injector looks like.:confused:

·
Registered
731 Posts
The cat was probably on its last legs, and the misfire took it out. What brand plugs and coils did you use?

What brand of sensors did you use? I've had defective sensors right out of the box except for DENSO which is the brand I prefer across all their product lines. If it's a DENSO part, it's right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Igniters are online el cheapos, plugs are NKG iridium and sensors are denso. Firing all four. This is more an inquiry would the ecu need to learn the new characteristics for the exhaust, get another sensor, pr surrender to Toyota for diagnostics?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the problem was: Broken wire on the harness side of the connector. Arrrrrrr!

Pulled the connector apart to get the pin (loads of fun), soldered wire back on. Might be nice to find a source for fresh pins rather than salvaging what was left. Point being, P1150 codes come up because the factory crimps allow the wire to break easily after 12+ years of service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts