Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Pacific Blue at Ala Moana today (near Waikiki for those who aren't familiar) displayed near Long's. Lots a folks looking at it so I didn't get a real good look at the sticker. I'm pretty sure it was a Base since I didn't see Sport or Limited on the outside.

A couple of people were comparing it to their older RAVs and we got to talking a bit. Before you know it, others were asking me questions. The most common question I got was whether the rear seats reclined like the older models.

So for our island friends who haven't seen it yet and will be doing some shopping, look for the display.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I see you have come to visit our Islands. :lol:

I was just at Ala Moana Shopping Center last night. However, I did not venture down to that side of the mall. :cry: I was at the total opposite side of the mall near Macy's and they had a black Mercedes C230 or such outside. Did not impress me at all. :D

The 4.3s have been at our Island dealers for awhile now; however, just did not have the interest to go see them yet. :?

Definitely when the FJ Cruiser arrives, it is time to do a serious test drive and compare it to a double cab Tacoma. :D

M

·
0 Posts
I sat in a red sport at Waipahu Toyota but didn't test drive it. Also saw a silver limited. Red sport was $23,000+ and the Limited was $24,000+ . Here on Oahu the Toyotas are very expensive because the company that runs them are owned by Servco and they have a monopoly. No competition from other car companies.
So they never have to deal, either you buy it or take a hike. This is the only car company I ever saw where they still have new cars for sale from 2 years ago. :evil:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Awww.. Memories.. My post has nothing to do with Toyota's.. I just plain miss Hawaii!.. :p

Been there 4 times to visit a friend that used to live out there (special ed. teacher).. I truely miss Longs with their aisle's of little bagged goodies!!.. And the boxed lunches with Spam.. Not to mention the amazing views I was blessed to see..

http://www.majestica.org/Caro/RockIsle.sized.jpg

:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Derek, saw the Mercedes too and didn't even bother to slow down. :lol: I actually looped back twice trying to find the Crackseed store, of course stopping each time to look at it again. I can never remember which side of the mall the store is.

I was noticing a lot of the 4.2 RAVs on the streets and in the parking lots this go around. But I think it's just because I'm paying more attention since last visit.

[off topic: Inocense, I know what you mean. Oahu still feels like home to me, guess it's all part of growing up here. I try to come back at least a few times a year. Every now and then, we throw in another island. Hopefully in Oct., it'll be Maui again. BTW, nice pics.]

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Very cool puttputt! Interesting what you find out about people -- I'm jealous! Wish I was in Hawaii right now... But then again, I wouldn't have my RAV! :wink: Bring me back something yummy? :wink:

Hawaii's penchant for Spam is kinda funny... I saw a clip about it on the Food Network -- they have zillions of recipies that use it. :shock:

I wonder if the Toyota sales monopoly is the same way in Alaska? :?:

Enjoy the rest of your island time! :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Tony. FWIW, it's the rainy season here and it's not all that balmy. But it's nice, nonetheless. Spam and Li Hi Mui, the 2 staples of any Hawaiian kitchen. :lol: So you want some spam? I never developed a taste for it, though. So what kind of island goodies would you like?

I'm not sure I understand the business strategy for keeping 2 yr old inventory. Unless the depreciation write-off is larger than selling it less than MSRP???

·
Registered
229 Posts
Li Hi Mui.. now that is some NASTY stuff.. Never did care for it and never got used to my friend trying to drop it in my beer.. UGH..!!!
YUCKY!.. :p

Gimme some Teri-Spam anyday though!..

(Sorry so off topic.. heh..)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts