Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Hello folks!!

Thanks for the compliments ya!

Well... what can I say.... but I love accessorizing my car. Bought it 'naked' with absolutely NO accessories.. not even sport rims. Over the 2 years that I own it, I pamper it with all the accessories I can find. Below are the setup I used to have:-

1) Front Bullbar (TJM)
2) Spot Lamps x 2 (Hella Comet 500)
3) RAV4 Impact Sports Radiator grille
4) Bonnet Guard (EGR)
5) Headlamp Guard (Airplex)
6) Fender Flares (EGR)
7) Window weather shield (Airplex)
8) +20offset rims (GSS 4x4)
9) Continental Contitrac SUV OWL rubbers (235/70/R17)
10) Roof tray assembly (Thule)
11) Spot Lamps x 4 (Hella Comet 450)
12) Side Steps/Rear Steps (Cobra)

Also managed to get some of the original accessories which do not come with the car like foglamps, mudguards, spoiler.

Had this setup for quite awhile and as I am based in RAV4 Expedition Singapore club, many RAVers (this is what we call ourselves in the club) also followed the concept. Over the years there's too many RAV4s with similar as mine, hence late last year I stripped off most of the accessories (mainly the offroad look items) and now Im spotting a neater sporty look. Only addition to my car is a bonnet with integrated air scoop which is actually for a diesel turbo RAV4 I heard, and swopping the offroad rims to a -5 offset 16" Lenso rims. I also added a RAV4 original bumper guard which is a skidplate.

Might be considering a paintwork soon!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi PiaKia
The RAV looks good in both modes IMO..... 8)
I'm curious about your wiring routing for the amber spots (X'mas tree) on the Thule racks?....had something similar on my 4.1.....

P

·
0 Posts
Dat was a tricky one.

The wire harness ran down from the roof tray, into my roof rails by drilling a small hole and lining the wires inside. The wires then ran beneath the roof rubber linings and down to the front windscreen tucked by the sides. The wires ran all the way down into the engine firewall and connected to the battery, and the other end was line up through the firewall into the cockpit.

A very tedious work but end results was quite satisfactory.

I actually connect 2 spotlamps to one single switch, i.e. one switch will on the 2 center lamps whereas the other switches on the 2 at the sides.

In Singapore although most of the roads are brightly lit, there's plenty of RAVers getting their hands on spotlamps to beautify their RAV4s... so much so that Hella company had been sponsoring the club many prizes for our club events!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts