Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my second RAV, the first was a 2001 model, now have a 2005 XT4. Have a real bad issue with the grill surround chipping at the slightest hint of a peice of rubble or large insect. Anyone had similar problems? :)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, I can't say that my front end and grill area is any more prone to stone or road debris chips than any other vehicle that I own. I have the Sport model with the metal mesh grill and I think that part is more durable than plastic. Paint and plastic are no match for flying stones.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one or two small chips from small stones on my hood, but it doesn't look like it reached the bare metal. I'm more concerned with pebbles hitting what looks to be the A/C condenser in that one area with no grill. It's wide open and I can see some pebble damage to the cooling fins. I'm thinking of installing a piece of window screen in the opening, but I'm not sure if it might affect airflow. Honda Element's and CR-V's seem to be wide open and I've read of condensers being ruined from rock hits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts