Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a suggestion for a good paint cleaner for color Blue Crush XLE. I always used collinite cleaner and insulator wax on my silver vehicle but the isn't recommded for dark cors

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
insulator not recommended for darker colors, first time I hear this, and I've been on detailing forums for a long time!

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
What is it you are trying to accomplish? Clay, or one of the new claylike towels, are among the best cleaners. As far as a chemical cleaner Duragloss #501 is an excellent cleaner and leaves a sealant behind.

Are you trying to clean when actual machine polishing is in order? Got pictures for better advice?

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Pictures are the clue. What you call hazing marks may be entirely different to me and I did this for a living. Octane is another that can advise you as to what to do but not without GOOD pictures. The ball is in your court.

In all honesty 99% of folks have no clue what is required to bring the paint back into good/great condition. I'll tell you this, it's not just a coat of wax. It requires talent, correct equipment, the correct chemicals, and a great deal of experience to accomplish it.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Sorry, I see nothing out of the ordinary. It could be cleaner and brighter but that will require a machine polish and further measures.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking of getting a clay bar and lubricant. My Rav4 was built in Canada and I'm sure it was probably transported by rail to NY. As far as the orange peel, it must have been my lunch

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
On serious note, is there anyway to get rid of orange peel affect
orange peel is pretty much standard on cars now a days, some people specialize in orange peel removal, but that implies removing a lot of clear coat, I would not bother removing it on a daily driven car.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a clay bar and lubricant. My Rav4 was built in Canada and I'm sure it was probably transported by rail to NY. As far as the orange peel, it must have been my lunch
I only use a clay bar if I will be following up with something that has at least a bit of correction capability, since claybars have a tendency to leave marring on soft toyota paint. if you go with claying, use the mildest clay you can, and fold it often.

for rail dust, I would use something like carpro iron x instead or clay,

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
orange peel is pretty much standard on cars now a days, some people specialize in orange peel removal, but that implies removing a lot of clear coat, I would not bother removing it on a daily driven car.
I concur. It simply isn't worth the expense, time, and labor to mess with it. For show cars with $10K paint jobs then yes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.