Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terrible problem with paint peeling on my 2008 RAV4. I just noticed that this year and it's getting worse. The roof has two areas where it looks like the paint has peeling and has faded considerably. the spare tire holder at the top has been oxidizing and peeling and is getting larger every day.
Anyone else having issues with paint peeling from their Toyota RAV4?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We recently received a letter stating there is going to be a recall for certain paints. I have a 2008 RAV 4 limited that is pearl white paint. I have multiple spots that bubbles up in the last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We recently received a letter stating there is going to be a recall for certain paints. I have a 2008 RAV 4 limited that is pearl white paint. I have multiple spots that bubbles up in the last year.
I got the same letter. I have 2005 RAV4 xle white. I am not seeing the bubbles though.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I got the same letter. I have 2005 RAV4 xle white. I am not seeing the bubbles though.
Most of the models are from 2006 and up (blizzard pearl and super white) . I have not heard of any before 2005 having paint problems.
I also know other Toyota models using these colors are having the same issue.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Also the white paints problem is not confined to Toyotas. An acquaintance is service writer for a dealership which sells GM and Chrysler vehicles and he said that they have had quite a number of complaints about white paints but few complaints about other colors. Apparently the problem developed because of revised paint formulas to meet new EPA regulations regarding volatile solvents and somehow that has affected white paints disproportionately. White and white-type colors are not preferred more than other colors where we are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most of the models are from 2006 and up (blizzard pearl and super white) . I have not heard of any before 2005 having paint problems.
I also know other Toyota models using these colors are having the same issue.
sorry. I fat fingered. I have 2015 XLE AWD white

1 - 7 of 7 Posts