Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to paint my 97 Rav4 2dr, its the dark green color, and I want to paint it black... does anyone know the standard price for painting a Rav4?

also. I want to know, are there any hood scoops made for Rav4's that look good? I think I might just go with a non-functional one, because its not a sports car, so I dont need it to be functional, anyway, if anyone knows of any just tell me thanks. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
iceache - You may want to update your location and country flag in your profile to show where you are from and are located... It may help us provide better information and/or recommendations for your question.... Depending on your location can vary on the paint shops available and cost...

Curious as to why you want to install a non-functional hoodscoop... I myself would like to have a functional one installed... 8)

As for finding a hoodscoop, there are many universal scoops to be found on Ebay or various online stores such as www.erebunicorp.com and many others... although mounting it will vary depending on the material it is made out of and may require professional assistance or a bodyshop...

It may be best to do both at the same time, have the bodyshop install the scoop and then paint the car.... :)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I dont wanna get a functional one because that will probably require a whole lot more work than anything.. and I just want to get one for looks really.

and i like on the East Coast of Canada... anyone who had their Rav4 painted.. what was the price you paid to get it painted along with the labour cost?

·
Registered
880 Posts
iceache said:
well, I dont wanna get a functional one because that will probably require a whole lot more work than anything.. and I just want to get one for looks really.

and i like on the East Coast of Canada... anyone who had their RAV4 painted.. what was the price you paid to get it painted along with the labour cost?
Paint jobs can vary from $500 to $3000 depending on what you want/need done.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ask around about good shops, and go in for some estimates, won't cost anything..........but I think you'll see a big difference in the cost of a paint job in the original color and a paint job with a color change.......a lot of extra work......

Off topic for tankdog: I see you've rallycrossed at Scotia Speedworld, how about AMP??.......been meaning to take it in...as a spectator :wink:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Bluenoser said:
Ask around about good shops, and go in for some estimates, won't cost anything..........but I think you'll see a big difference in the cost of a paint job in the original color and a paint job with a color change.......a lot of extra work......

Off topic for tankdog: I see you've rallycrossed at Scotia Speedworld, how about AMP??.......been meaning to take it in...as a spectator :wink:
Some of the rally cross events are at the back lot of AMP. I haven't done any lapping on the track in my Rav4 yet, only because I haven't made it to one of the solo schools to be allowed on. I have been around it in winter with snow on it, :twisted:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Paint Job.. wondering a price.. plus a hood scoop questi

iceache said:
I'm looking to paint my 97 RAV4 2dr, its the dark green color, and I want to paint it black... does anyone know the standard price for painting a RAV4?)
FWIW, I just did a DIY paintjob on my pathfinder, and primer, paint, & clearcoat can run $500 just for materials. I went with a metallic copper, which might cost slightly more (?) than black.

I don't know if a RAV needs special plastic adehsion promoter on the side mouldings, if it does, then that could add to the cost.

Since you are changing colour, you may want the inside of the door frames, gate, engine bay etc painted black too. In that case you are looking at several thousand $ due to the extra labour.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Painting a car with good material is very expensive.

If you've never done that, I suggest you to go at a good paint shop.

As GINne! said, basically, there is more than 500$ dollars (canadian...) just for paint, clear and primer.

Just to give an idea, last summer, the hood of our RAV4 has been repainted in a goob paint shop and that costed us 600$. :shock:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
joel said:
Just to give an idea, last summer, the hood of our RAV4 has been repainted in a goob paint shop and that costed us 600$. :shock:
:shock:

I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy a new hood and then paint it, considering less prepwork would be needed... :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts