Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dunno if I mentioned this before but My RAV4 Limited is riddled with deep water spots. I didn't notice them @ delivery but after claying it and doing it's first wax job, I noticed how bad they were. Another problem as been swirl marks. I knew they were there when I bought the car (they seem pretty inevitable but not like the ones I have on my RAV). Tried swirl remover for the swirls and vinegar and water for the spots and while they both "helped", well, no need to go further. I must give credit to my dealer. They stepped rite up, had their body shop look at the paint, they admitted to getting 6 cars off the boat (mine included) that had contamination either in Japan or here (they were the ones who called me and asked if i had damage). The'll be taking the car into the shop to remove the spots and swirl marks. They were straight up and told me they would not buff them out since on a black car it would look lousy. So they offered me three scnarios:
- wet sand the clear with some ungodly small grit emory cloth then polish it out and paint seal for free.

-wet samd the clear and "reshoot" 4 - 5 coats of clear, bake the finish then paint seal after one week of curing (good bye orange peel).

-take the car back, reimburse me for the tint and the japanese rear bumper guard and give me a new vehicle (they don't have a black limited with leather but have a Limited everglade green and flint mica, both with leather.

they will provide me with a late model SUV loaner for 1 week.

Gotta give em credit. I guess me purchasing 5 Toyota's from the same saleman (actually the exec sales manager) and 1 Scion for my kid must have helped. Will keep ya'll posted. :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bingo. That's my choice too. Seeing they are completely bent over, now, ask them to sell you back the car at less than wholesale, flip it and sell it for a profit. :twisted:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup I must admit they are doing everything they can. What really impresses me is they are the ONLY Toyota dealer in the state :shock: ! Hawaii has some very very tough lemon laws and the penalties against the dealers can be very severe. I guess they want to avoid any "problems". I really don't want a new RAV since we've "bonded" :lol: already! I know they'll do a good job (they called earlier and it looks like they'll be sanding and shooting 5 coats of clear, hand rubbed between coats and baked on). According to Toyota's body shop GM, the paint will be better than factory since it will be minus all "orange peel". Will keep ya posted.... :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone's intereested, the dealer told me to bring er ein on 6/13. They'll be giving me a loaner while the work is being done. Lets see how this all turns out.... :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
progun said:
-take the car back, reimburse me for the tint and the japanese rear bumper guard and give me a new vehicle (they don't have a black limited with leather but have a Limited everglade green and flint mica, both with leather.
I didn't think flint Mica was available in Limited trim level?

Jay

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"I didn't think flint Mica was available in Limited trim level? "

Looking at the Hawaii brochure it appears that all ten colors are available on any model.

·
Registered
32 Posts
desertguy said:
"I didn't think flint Mica was available in Limited trim level? "

Looking at the Hawaii brochure it appears that all ten colors are available on any model.
From the toyota.com website.

"Flint Mica not available on Limited or Base Models".

Just like Blizzard Pearl is only available on the limited.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jay wrote: "From the toyota.com website."

"Flint Mica not available on Limited or Base Models".

Here is what I did. Went to Toyota.com, put in a Honolulu zip code and looked through the Hawaii brochure and color chart. There is no such restrictions in either. All colors available for all models as far as I can discern. OTOH, who cares as neither of us is in Hawaii darn it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts