Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you got paint protection when buying your RAV4 hybrid? Its so expensive so I declined.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Depends if you wax your vehicle religiously or not. I got Simoniz Glass Coat put on mine and I only wash it once a month if that and it still beads up like a fresh coat of wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you just do the paint or was the interior done too? I was quoted like $800 and came with 5 year warranty. There a independent detailer who would use Ceramic Pro for about the same and a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also declined the very expensive paint protection and literally went across the street to Tinting company, they also offer paint protection at almost half the price. So with that savings I am having them do the hood, like to dealer would do, but also the front end. The front end is so vertical that you are going to get some dings there first and more over time rather than the hood. I'll be posting pics after it is done, next week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was 599 for interior and exterior with lifetime warranty and $0 deductible. If you're near Wisconsin I can set you up with it too

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's the same as ceramic pro. There's even a documentary on the Simoniz from History channel modern marvels. The stuff is good in my opinion.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, wow. That much for lifetime warranty. I can't even find anyone that will do that with a 5 year warranty. Live in PA, so coming to Wisconsin is not an option. I guess I could just call around to detailers, the internet is not too plentiful with info.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
5 years is ridiculous even left unwashed and unwaxed in the saltiest worst winter environment the paint would still be fine. It's basically the world's most expensive wax job.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll be the first to admit I am too busy to care for my car. I've also seen other cars without it that have etch marks in the paint after only a year. Or tree sap stuck to the paint that won't come off with any cleaner.

·
Registered
216 Posts
With the winter we have here with all that sand, salt, water, snow, name it... it's a must to protect the paint. I also declined the paint protection but I will use the "Silverwax Double Polymer Auto Paint Sealant Kit" 2 times a year (spring and autumn).

https://www.silverwax.ca/en/product/double-polymer-paint-sealant/

I have the electric storm blue Rav4h so it needs more love than other colors maybe!

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
The "lifetime warranty" from the dealer???????? Read the fine print, it's not just put it on once and forget it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The only vehicle I had deal paint protection on was my Tacoma.

The only vehicle I've had issues with the finish (the paint protection peeling off) was my Tacoma.

No reason to pay good money for negative outcomes.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I have never been sold on these products. Fortunately, I am able to garage my RAV4H, which I believe, along with regular washing, and occasional waxing, is the single most effective thing you can do to protect the paint finish. If I couldn't garage it, I would definitely wash and wax it more often. However, with that being said, if you believe that stuff helps, go for it, and don't look back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was wondering if any of you got paint protection when buying your RAV4 hybrid? Its so expensive so I declined.
Here in Europe it is called Toyota ProTect and it forms a hardened ceramic finish. I do not regret it. It is cool. I wash it only with pressure washer and I'm done in 4-5 mins. After that it looks like new. Is it expensive? Maybe but I would do it again.>:D

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Here in Europe it is called Toyota ProTect and it forms a hardened ceramic finish. I do not regret it. It is cool. I wash it only with pressure washer and I'm done in 4-5 mins. After that it looks like new. Is it expensive? Maybe but I would do it again.>:D
That sounds like some amazing stuff. Do you have any experience with longevity, and durability? Interesting that I have never heard of this product here. From the name, it sounds to be a Toyota product, which could be professionally applied as part of an option package.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The primary purpose of all these "protections" is to separate the driver from his/her money. If you take reasonable care of the car it'll be fine. Even wax is not needed on today's finishes unless you subject it to extreme abuse.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Have any of you tried F11 Top Coat?

Today I got a lot of it and I am applying it to my roof (cross rails removed), the windshield, hood, under the rear wipers and the area under the doors in hopes it will deter clinging snow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The only vehicle I had deal paint protection on was my Tacoma.

The only vehicle I've had issues with the finish (the paint protection peeling off) was my Tacoma.

No reason to pay good money for negative outcomes.

If you had Simoniz glass coat, they would have repainted it for free with $0 deductible. Lifetime paint warranty. Just saying..

·
Registered
342 Posts
I always look at things from a financial perspective.

Say paint protection costs $500. If I sell my car in 10 years, will it fetch $500 more if it did have the paint protection for 10 years? The answer is undoubtedly no.

So I'd just put that $500 in the S&P500 and turn it into $1000 in 10 years. A few paint imperfections will not increase or decrease the sale value by 10%.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts