Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I need a good source for paint that matches the stock black on a '98 Rav4. I am getting a bodykit and need to paint it. I have access to a full booth and guns to paint with, just need the paint, clear coat, etc. Anyone have reccomendations on which paint to use? Or should I just order it straight from Toyota?

Thanks in advance

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bomex, sort of. I bought the sides and rear from DJSueno, I am waiting on more $$$ to get the front. Then I have to figure out about the paint. That seems to be the toughest part. I have some major spots I need repaired, and want to rid myself of the plastic look, so I am thinking of getting it entirely repainted. Its just that that is major $$$. And I would go to a pro for that one. I don't mind doing small parts, but if I want it all done, well, then I go elsewhere. not to mention, then I can get some nice custom colors :twisted:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree. After I spent big $$$ on the authentic Bomex parts, I immediately had it professionally custom painted. Just the 7 pieces of the kit costed me over $1500. Even after that I ended up paiting my spare-tire cover, side mirrors, and eyelids.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Derek said:
SZR, I've had this site bookmarked for quite some time. If I remember correctly, they sell the paint in various forms (pens, spray cans, etc.). They will match your factory color if you give them the manufacturers paint code.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Good luck, hope your body kit turns out awesome! :D
I will have to also check that site out... I have some custom parts for my other car... I was searching for spraycans, I heard Dupont has matching paint as well, but I can't find a Dupont retailer around here.. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts