Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject line alluded to, is it possible to do a simple body shop paintjob to match the B package bumpers to the much cleaner look of the C package color keyed bumbers.

Secondly is it possible to paint the door accents also.

Paul

·
Registered
771 Posts
Certainly! Depending on the color of your vehicle sometimes its easier said than done. If your bumpers are textured which they probably are then it will look like a base painted as a C. But it will still look good anyway, the only thing is you may want the fender flares that are on the C. Like mine. This will finish off the look for you. Removing the pieces may be necessary for the quality of the paint job. I think Becky on here has had some parts of hers painted, she may be able to tell you more. M.

E

·
0 Posts
Yeah, it is possible but I had mine painted in the toyota bodyshop. looks a lot better :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
erzhik said:
Yeah, it is possible but I had mine painted in the toyota bodyshop. looks a lot better :lol:

How long has it been since the bumpers were painted? I am basically worried about how it will look after a few years.

Paul

E

·
0 Posts
paul said:
erzhik said:

How long has it been since the bumpers were painted? I am basically worried about how it will look after a few years.

Paul
I'd say about 2 years (don't know exactly). I am about to repaint it this winter cause I have minor scratches. But the paint looks really nice. The paint should hold really well if of course you'll be using a good paint, and I didn't see any changes in color or quality after a year. You won't be dissapointed it looks really sweet. I might have some pics next week. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
erzhik said:
I'd say about 2 years (don't know exactly). I am about to repaint it this winter cause I have minor scratches. But the paint looks really nice. The paint should hold really well if of course you'll be using a good paint, and I didn't see any changes in color or quality after a year. You won't be dissapointed it looks really sweet. I might have some pics next week. :roll:
I would love to see the pics when you have them up.
my email is psaini 'at' tealjones.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts