Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 2016 RAV4 Ltd Hybrid tell me that Parking Assist is malfunctioning and I need to see Toyota. I'm wondering if this is due to recent cold and snow in NYC? Or just a malfunction. Anyone had similar issue?

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,087 Posts
Is there ice on the bumpers? If so, clean it off.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've had it happen a few times - all related to poor weather. I just turn them off until I can clean the sensors.

Just had my 2016 RAV4 Ltd Hybrid tell me that Parking Assist is malfunctioning and I need to see Toyota. I'm wondering if this is due to recent cold and snow in NYC? Or just a malfunction. Anyone had similar issue?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine does this constantly in the winter living in Northern Michigan. They should've simply programed the dash to say clean off sensors. Strangely I believe the manual says its supposed to say just that. It seems if all sensors in the front and rear are covered it says to service the system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
surprise snow storm in NE today so I figured I'd post my thanks here and save others the trouble.
I just got my RAV4 and its the first time I'm driving it in snow.
The concerning thing(s) are:
1. In addition to saying "malfunction" which is a bad choice of words the center stack screen gives instructions to take the car back to the dealer for servicing
2. After I clear the message on the screen in front of the driver it keeps reactivating after a few seconds, even at highway speeds. Not smart programming ... couldn't it wait until you at least get down to parking speeds

Anyway ... glad to hear its a bogus message. I'll clean the bumpers before I go home tonight and I expect the message to disappear.
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts