Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2006 XT4 Petrol. The parking sensor 'noise' doesnt seem to make any sense. I get a random beep when i place it in reverse, then it continues to be random whilst reversing. I have never had a car with sensors before, so i have no clue as to what noise should be emitted.
Any help most welcome.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think that is an option on the US spec third gen RAV4, but from other cars I gphave driven with parking sensors, the beeps should get faster (closer together) as you get closer and closer to a fixed object.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, its an add on. I have switched them off as the noise is very random. I'll check each sensor to see where the issue is. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Those sensors are known for going bad. Also if there is dirt on them they sometimes go haywire.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I don't think that is an option on the US spec third gen RAV4, but from other cars I gphave driven with parking sensors, the beeps should get faster (closer together) as you get closer and closer to a fixed object.
That's how mine works. BTW, looking at the window sticker of my 2010 Base V6 3-row, it shows a "post production" Parking Distance Sensors option #PP6. I guess dealer installed?

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
Parking sensors on our 2008 models are when you hear the wheels scraping the curb. I've done it once and they work very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts