Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't talked to the dealership yet, but I was wondering if anyone knows if toyota sells parts for the factory roof racks? Specifically, I just notied that the rav 4.2 (2001) I just picked up a week ago is missing one of the covers that is at the end of the rack, covering the bolts that secure it to the roof.

I think it was missing when I bought the car, maybe it flew off somehow after I bought it though ... doubt that ... so, all I need is that one part, and I don't have much time to go through junk yards, if I can find one that has a 2001+ roof rack from a rav4.

Any ideas??? THANKS!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am sure that anym dealer will have them also try e-bay. good luck and let us know what you find and how much. Mine are semi melted ??? anyone else have this problem./

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope a dealer will have them ... you know how parts places are; if you need the one little, important piece, you go to get it, and then they tell you, we're sorry, we don't sell that part individually, you have to buy the whole assembly!!!

I hope Toyota doesn't do that!

I'll update this when I find out.

PEACE!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota dealers are not that much different from the others. I've priced the end cup you're looking for at Canadian dealership and got a $75 quote in one and "have to buy the whole assembly" at the other. Price is in CD$ and should be cheaper in U.S. You have to either find a catalog or check with someone else for the part number if you want to buy it elsewhere (or go by description) - since the dealer does not give out part numbers.

BryanNH said:
I hope a dealer will have them ... you know how parts places are; if you need the one little, important piece, you go to get it, and then they tell you, we're sorry, we don't sell that part individually, you have to buy the whole assembly!!!

I hope Toyota doesn't do that!

I'll update this when I find out.

PEACE!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts