Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am getting bored with my 97 4dr auto rav4. I do 90% of the maintenance on it myself and I'm at a point where I want to put some serious mods on it. I was thinking along the lines of a grille guard and lift kit but to be honest I'm not sure.
Any ideas or suggestions
Anyone selling parts/upgrades/tools because I'd be willing to buy used for the most part. I am trying to gradually improve my garage because working on my rav is what I do whenever I have the time.:D

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Here are a few of my mods http://www.rav4world.com/forums/94-4-1-d-i-y-modifications/206377-1999-4dr-4x4-major-mods.html. I really like most of them, but if there was one mod I would install the 3S-GTE engine. It consists of a bit more than just an engine swap. You would need an engine (check on ebay) headers, exhaust, wiring harness merge, and highly recommend upgrading the brakes and suspension. I've already rebuilt and upgraded my suspension, so my next step would be upgrading the rear drums to disc brakes and then upgrading the front brakes to dual pistons and upgrading the master cylinder before I do the swap. Need to upgrade the clutch as well, I just did that so, so I would transfer my clutch to the new engine. I would install a functional hood scoop rather than move the intercooler to in front of the radiator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts