Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a rav4 2004 (300K miles :)). I am trying to replace my rear brake light on the passenger side. This is the first time i have to replace it and im not finding anything online. I am unable to remove the light. Is it possible to remove the bulb without having to remove the entire tail light. I just wanted to verify this. I also tried to remove it but it seems like its glued on. If i remove it, is there something that i need to apply to the tail light. Any assistance would be great. thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Since this forum covers countries with both right and left hand drive RAV4, and you haven't added your location to your profile, it's impossible to say which side you mean when you say "passenger side."

Fortunately, both sides are done the same way, from the inside. It's described in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello. I have a rav4 2004 (300K miles :)). I am trying to replace my rear brake light on the passenger side. This is the first time i have to replace it and im not finding anything online. I am unable to remove the light. Is it possible to remove the bulb without having to remove the entire tail light. I just wanted to verify this. I also tried to remove it but it seems like its glued on. If i remove it, is there something that i need to apply to the tail light. Any assistance would be great. thanks
Due to the way the question was worded, I thought you might like to watch a youtube video that shows how to do it. It's very simple and easy to reach.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. Thank you for your reply. I am in the states. I will update my profile. On the passenger side, it hits the frame and i am unable to remove the bulb. That video is the exact model i have but it cannot be removed that easily.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just did the right side on my wife's 2005 yesterday, by coincidence. It's tight in there, but it can be done. You have to turn the bulb holder about 1/4 turn CCW before trying to remove it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts