Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Hawaii: I have a 2017 SE Hybrid. While detailing the car, I noticed that while the left read has a liner in the well, the right rear has what appears to be a foam/fiberglass application that does not quite cover the entire well. I have been told that all RAV4s are built the same way. Is this so? And why the different treatment? Toyota's answer was that each area might order their cars with slight different build requests.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I guess that makes sense. I remember owning other cars with that steel line, usually covered by a flexible spiral conduit. Do you recommend rustproofing, although most people I've asked do not seem to think it necessary unless you lie in areas with a lot of snow and road salt spray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rust Proofing

Thanks. In Hawaii, rust proofing sprays were just something we automatically did in the past, but that seems to be going the way of the do-do bird. You won't see many rusted cars anymore, not if they've been cared for in any decent way. My cousin, a former racer and '62 409 Malibu owner, says just keep your car clean and use a good car shampoo that has some petroleum distillates in it to help get some kind of protection in nooks and crannies. The new electromagnetic gimmick is also something I've read about; that technology doesn't have much real evidence to support the cost, not for auto applications anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts