Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has a 2009 4cyl sport. The passenger side air bag off light is always on even with someone sitting in the seat and the seat belt light stays blinking even with the belt on. And air bag light is on solid in the cluster. What could be the issue? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
As far as I know the orange passenger Airbag light is always on, to remind you when using a baby chair in the front.
In that case you need to turn of the pasenger Airbag manually. And the orange warning light will stop.

If the seat belt warning light keeps blinking, even when used, then there is something not ok with the seat belt sensor.
Try to inspect the red seat belt clip lock, if it's dusty, or dirty. Put and pull the seat belt metal clip in/out the read belt lock.
Maybe after a couple of in/out's it works again, if it was some dust or dirt. Otherwise you need to insepect deeper.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 The air bag off light is on when nobody is sitting in the passenger seat saying that if you get into an accident the passengers air bag will not deploy.

#2 As far as I know in the US it is illegal to put a car seat for a baby in the front seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same problem. With a passenger in the seat, the airbag light indicates 'air bag off' and it doesn't beep to alert to buckle the belt. Looked under the seat and everything appears to be intact

1 - 4 of 4 Posts