Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dash rattle. Thought it was the upper glove box but no. If you put your hand on the dash where the airbag is you can feel it rattling around. A bit unnerving.
Anyone have info on this.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Is your glovebox damper attached? On the right side of the main glovebox. Also check the door for the cabin air filter and for any loose/rattling harnesses above the glovebox. If you’re nervous then disconnect the battery first.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. I know the parts you are referring to as I swap out the cabin air filters regularly.

However if you place you hand on the dash where the airbag is located you can feel something rattling against your hand. The components you mention are located in the lower glove box, so there is quite a bit of physical seperation. Never the less I will check the damper and cover tonight.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Will do. I know the parts you are referring to as I swap out the cabin air filters regularly.

However if you place you hand on the dash where the airbag is located you can feel something rattling against your hand. The components you mention are located in the lower glove box, so there is quite a bit of physical seperation. Never the less I will check the damper and cover tonight.
Good stuff. When you have the GB down, like I said, just feel around up there around the airbag.

OH! Have you had any sign of mice? Often they can get in via the airbox, and can get by the diverter flap. You may find nuts and seeds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Foryota
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing