Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, This morning as I was backing out of my garage, I hit my passenger side mirror against my garage and broke it. I don't have heated mirrors. Can someone tell me if there is a part number for a new one and is it very hard to change. Do you have to take the door panel off? The vehicle is a 2007 Rav 4

Thank you for your input and help

·
Registered
178 Posts
Google Google Google...you can find ANYTHING by using Google. Replacement mirrors can be found that way as well. I would use eBay to find a factory mirror as I have had terrible luck with aftermarket mirrors. They generally can be found around 50 bucks or so. This is the 2nd result that I saw when I googled it
It's for a 2012, but 06-12 should be the same.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check out Car-Part for the passenger mirror. The parts are off of OEM vehicles that were salvaged for parts, however, there are aftermarket ones indicated by "AFT" note. I'd look for one that came off of later years like 2011 or 2012. Yes, you'll need to take the door panel off, which includes taking the window control module off first.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Ensure you get the right mirror since some mirrors are painted and have side turning signals depending on the model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just replaced both my mirrors on our 2010 Limited. We have the heated ones and the heaters werent working. The mirror was easy to replace, about $50 from local Toyota dealer with the heaters, probably cheaper without the heaters. Give them a call, took a day to get because they had to order them from the warehouse. Simple job.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
I just replaced both my mirrors on our 2010 Limited. We have the heated ones and the heaters weren't working. The mirror was easy to replace, about $50 from local Toyota dealer with the heaters, probably cheaper without the heaters. Give them a call, took a day to get because they had to order them from the warehouse. Simple job.
Is that just the glass for 50 bucks, or the whole thing. How simple was it to replace?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was just the glass for about $50. Very simple to replace, it came with an instruction sheet. You simply pop off the old glass and pop in the new glass after popping in the new mounts and press on. Took 10 min max to remove old and replace with new. Well worth it getting from Toyota. If its the wrong part they'll get you the right one quickly. I had no problem with my dealer. I also get the air filters and oil filters and they always give me a nice preferred customer discount. I always go with OEM for things like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts