Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 RAV4 failed (rated "poor") the IIHS small overlap test for front passenger (the test for driver was passed with "good" rating). Does anyone know if Toyota has improved the 2017 model with the goal of improving performance on this test? No actual tests, to my knowledge, have been done on the 2017 but I'd still like to know Toyota has added improvements to attempt to fix this weakness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Small overlap front - Good" that you provide in your reply applies to the driver. The passenger small overlap front test that the RAV4 flunked with "poor" is a different test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are many online sources for this, go to a search engine as request something like small overlap test passenger.

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
There are many online sources for this, go to a search engine as request something like small overlap test passenger.
Since you are apparently going to answer your own question please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The structure hasn't been modified since MY 2015. The passenger side is still the weak link. Go on copart.com and search for rav 4's. plenty of photos of post accident damage. You can get a good look at the front structure.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Oops. I forgot about that. 7 years between overhauls. The RAV must be one heck of a cash cow for Toyota by now.
I am hoping for a pure electric RAV4 (or just any Toyota vehicle with a 200+ mile range) in 2021/22 when the mid-cycle model will have appeared.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts