Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Pacific Blue Limited FWD 4cyl (Option E - Sunroof, Leather, Heated) and the dealer told me 45-60 days....that was last Wednesday...So many more to go! :) I already named my new Rav, her name will be Ravigail the Ravioli...so every day I read the forums and i think it is only make me so much more excited for her to arrive! So jealous of all of you!
:oops:

B

·
0 Posts
OMG I thought I was the only one that named cars.... at least names like that.... my Sienna is Vanna Blue (get it???) LOL :D

Congrats and good luck to you and Ravigail Ravioli! That's awesome!

R

·
0 Posts
Congratulations RavigailRavioli! And join the waiting club! I'm on Day 54 and counting. Hopefully, it will be here at the end of the month or beginning of May at the latest. I have to tell you that this site is VERY THERAPEUTICAL and it has helped me get through day by day since Day 1! :D It's tough reading about everyone else getting their RAV's but reading about how much they're loving it has made me believe that all this waiting will be worth it! So hang in there and we look forward to hearing about the arrival of yours! Who knows, you may be one of the lucky ones who gets their earlier than expected!

ravgal

·
Registered
218 Posts
We named our cars when we were kids. Betsy the Chevy Malibu Wagon, Nellie Nova and, everyone's favorite.....Polly Poo Poo Pinto (I don't think I have to explain the last one).

Congrats on the new purchase!!! 8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya, my car now is a Chevy Prizm, who I named Stardust Glitter....(she is silver) and glitter comes from Mariah Carey's flop of a movie Glitter. :) hahah! :) She has a 'boyfriend' who's name is Quentin.
My previous car was a Pontiac Grand Am which was named Spice Mobile (after the spice girls)...anyway, can't wait for ravigail's arrival. Haha! Thanks for sharing the excitement with me! :)

E

·
0 Posts
I ordered my Pacific Blue Limited FWD 4cyl (Option E - Sunroof, Leather, Heated) and the dealer told me 45-60 days
Hi Ravigail,
I'm also from the SF Bay Area and I ordered a V6 Ltd in Pacific Blue two weeks ago. As of today, I still have not been allocated a vehicle. The dealer told me that it would take 6 weeks but I have now have seriously doubt if it'll arrive in 4 weeks. Perhaps 60 days is more like it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the dealer told me that pacfic blue and everglade metallic take about 15 days longer than the other colors. which is (was) fine by me because i'm not in a huge hurry, but after reading all of the posts i'm getting so excited haha! :)

actually i looked at a pacific blue, but it wasnt v6. it was 4x4 though....but i guess thats not exactly what you are looking for...
-kim

E

·
0 Posts
actually i looked at a pacific blue, but it wasnt v6. it was 4x4 though....but i guess thats not exactly what you are looking for...
yeah ... I wanted the V6... with leather and JBL stereo. May I ask where you ordered yours? I ordered mine from Fremont Toyota ... not sure if they're going to look around to find me one sooner. I was told that leather is hard to come by ...

R

·
0 Posts
epicurux said:
yeah ... I wanted the V6... with leather and JBL stereo. May I ask where you ordered yours? I ordered mine from Fremont Toyota ... not sure if they're going to look around to find me one sooner. I was told that leather is hard to come by ...
Hey epicrux,

The dealer near me in the Las Vegas area has a Pacific Blue V6 Limited in stock and I believe it has leather but I'm not sure of the interior color. I think it's also 4WD. MSRP is $30,770 so it's pretty loaded. Probably also has JBL, moonroof and side air bags. I don't know if you'd be interested but I thought I'd let you know.

ravgal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got quote from all bay area dealers - fremont was nice and competitive, but i ordered from melody, they offered the best deal (which was comprable to most anyway) and they are close to meand they were definitly the nicest too. :)

E

·
0 Posts
Hi RavGal,
Thanks for the headsup. You gave me to contact info to that dealer a month ago and I did contact him about the options I want but he never got back to me. I may check them out again.

Hey RaviGal,
I never contacted Melody ... perhaps I should check them out.

Thanks gals.

R

·
0 Posts
epicurux said:
Hi RavGal,
Thanks for the headsup. You gave me to contact info to that dealer a month ago and I did contact him about the options I want but he never got back to me. I may check them out again.

Thanks gals.
You're welcome! I'm glad to help! It disappoints me though that my dealer didn't get back to you after you contacted him the first time. He's been pretty good with me so far and that's why I recommended him. If you do decide to contact him again, I hope he comes through for you!

ravgal

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She must be on a big boat in the pacific ocean because my dealer just called and she will be here the 24/25/26th!!! Hurray! :) one complication is i'll be in hawaii on vacation that week, but he knew that from the beginning and has assured me he will hold it. :) I need to get my financing before i leave b/c i'll come back and have sunday/monday (memorial day) off and will want to go pick up my new CAR that day so i had better get the $$$ in order! :) yay!

and if fore some fluke of a reason it shows up later than expected it will be even more convenient....ahhh i'm so excited! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so...while i'm waiting for her arrival, i thought i would figure out a few things...i know there are some threads on IPOD connectivity, but could someone LINK me to the kind of cord i need? i'm not sure if with this system you can actually maneuver through the ipod FROM the main stereo interface? is this possible, if you have a dock connector auxillary cord? if so can i still maneuver through the steering wheel controls? i would love a link to a cord that could allow me to access the ipod through the main interface, rather than the ipod itself....let me know if you guys have any products that you use :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
RavigailRavioli said:
so...while i'm waiting for her arrival, i thought i would figure out a few things...i know there are some threads on IPOD connectivity, but could someone LINK me to the kind of cord i need? i'm not sure if with this system you can actually maneuver through the ipod FROM the main stereo interface? is this possible, if you have a dock connector auxillary cord? if so can i still maneuver through the steering wheel controls? i would love a link to a cord that could allow me to access the ipod through the main interface, rather than the ipod itself....let me know if you guys have any products that you use :)
On my Sienna, I have used the following:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7444508&type=product&id=1124432782413

The link is for the Chrysler version, but I think you can also get a Toyota version at Best Buy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont think thats it...the rav comes with an auxillary outlet that is already hooked to the stero...i'm just not sure what cord i need...but thank you anyway!

·
Registered
67 Posts
RavigailRavioli said:
i dont think thats it...the RAV comes with an auxillary outlet that is already hooked to the stero...i'm just not sure what cord i need...but thank you anyway!
The aux outlet simply needs a cable with male stereo 1/8 inch (mini) plugs on each end. Should be able to get it at radio shack. However, it is a "dumb" cable that simply plugs into the headphone jack of the iPod, so steering wheel controls will not work (beyond volume, of course). If you want to switch tracks from the steering wheel, you will need a smarter device like the one I posted.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts