Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far so good. Past 10K miles this weekend and no issues to report at all. No paint problems, seat issues, rattles, etc, etc.

Go RAV!!! :)

Only issues to really report is not enough time available to wash her as often and thoroughly as I would like :wink: , and how much dirt accumulates on the rear of the vehicle vs. the rest of it :shock: .

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Wow, you must be one of the first to pass 10K miles. We bought our RAV the 2nd week it came out and we only have 3000 miles on it.

S

·
0 Posts
Wizzobutter said:
I too have noticed how dirty the back gets after driving in rain. It's a pain to wash around the spare.
even on a perfectly nice day, dust will accumulate in the back too :x

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah - the dirty back drives me nuts but for me it's almost impossible to avoid. My girlfriends place, where I tend to spend a lot of time lately, is an apt at her cousins house. The house is on 47 acres of backwoods in central MA w/ a 3/4 mile dirt driveway in and out. No avoiding it until we get a place together and I don't have to drive up and down that dirt road all the time.

GMan - not sure if i'm the first or not. Took ownership of mine on 3/06/06. That mileage is made up of my work commute, a road trip from Boston to Orlando and back, and a few trips to northern Maine from Boston and back. It does add up.

P

·
0 Posts
actually, I'd think lowest average miles per days owned is a better award anyway. enjoy that. :cheers:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just got my mudflaps put on today, and my remote starter, and I am hoping that the flaps will at least cut down on the dirt accumulation on the rear end of the RAV. :roll:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah - I was hoping the mudguards helped with the rear end but they don't. The sides of the RAV behind the wheels are definetly cleaner due to the mudguards, but not the rear.

Flyingn - To be fair, Kelly is the first RAV4 owner here. You are the first 4.3 RAV owner... :p :)

Now I'm curious - Am I the first to hit 10K or did anyone beat me to it? I hit 10K in just over 3.5 months.

E

·
0 Posts
Just turned 8K since 1/9/06 and have not been out of PA. Next trip is to Longpond for the Pocono 500.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts