Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garfull said:
looks like its part of the service manual. any luck getting the rest of the book.
Not without running into COPYRIGHT issues. To be honest... I'm not even comfortable hosting/posting these short clips from the manual... but that's why I stick to only small snippets :roll:

·
Registered
88 Posts
RAVMAN said:
garfull said:
looks like its part of the service manual. any luck getting the rest of the book.
Not without running into COPYRIGHT issues. To be honest... I'm not even comfortable hosting/posting these short clips from the manual... but that's why I stick to only small snippets :roll:
so can i assume you do have a copy of that manual :?:
anything in there stating how to turn off the seat belt beeping. That is were i found out how to turn that off on my tC. if not thanks for the info anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
The seat belt buzzer is part of the combination meter. Here's a diagram from the FSM. Whether it's an integral part of it or just attached to it I don't know, it will probably require disassembly of the instrument panel to find out, the combination meter is the left side with tach and all the warning lamps, I think.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The 4wd drive drawing seems to show that the half shafts are very unequa in length. If that is true then I suppose that is the cause of bad torgue steer I noticed in test driving the V6 with full throttle acellerations from a stop or low speed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
JIMD4 said:
The 4wd drive drawing seems to show that the half shafts are very unequa in length. If that is true then I suppose that is the cause of bad torgue steer I noticed in test driving the V6 with full throttle acellerations from a stop or low speed.
It seems like about 250 HP is the practical limit for front wheel drive. If you have much over that, torque steer is almost always an issue. Even with equal-lengtch half-shafts, it's tough to eliminate. I'm curious, you drove the 4WD model and noticed this? In theory, some of the power should go to the rear wheels to prevent torque steer...

DJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts