Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking up Pearl yesterday for my daughter I spent a little time in the garage this morning..

Car warmer install..

Little Buddy 120V Car Warmer | Canadian Tire

Penetrating firewall same place as I did on her 2015 works well and reveals more insulation on this 2016

This time I opted to locate warmer under seat rather than screw its mounting bracket into the side of the console...I also tie wrapped the seat adjusting bar in place with the seat all the way back so nobody tries to move seat forward

Detector stealthy install..Passprot 9500ix

Hardwired to on/start ..off/stop and concealed in this visor pouch for covertness...She will leave it in place full time and hopefully theft will not be an issue..the exposed wire has yet to be properly routed for concealment. Enough slack allows visor to be positioned against door window or tilted down as needed..detector can be used with flap open but only audio is really necessary..the front of the pouch has a window for the detector to see the road..works well..I have one also in my other daughters car..stealthy

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also remote car started completed..antenna location can be seen in the last image

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Nice clean installs! Did you know your RAV4 already has an electric heater to supplement the regular heater?

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JB..Yes I know about the electric heater but when it -X0 in the morning every little bit helps...the car warmer keeps the windows clear and makes that early morning start somewhat tolerable. I put it on a 3 hour timer so it doesn't run all night. I also run the block heater with it and she has the starter...what we do for our kids :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I understood radar detectors were illegal in all of Canada and that the RCMP used detector detectors to ferret them out - uh-oh! So I started looking and yes, they're legal in Alberta. Learn something new every day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts