Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Long Story Short... I replaced my Corolla XRS earlier this year with a 2016 Scion tC because I needed something automatic so the wife could drive while I used her 08 RAV4 V6 (she wouldn't drive manual), fast forward to August and lo and behold, we split up... she took the RAV4, I get stuck with a Scion tC that I didn't exactly love... I liked it, but it wasn't me.

End of November I finally sold the tC, which put me in a bind... I had like 3 days to find a RAV4 or an IS350 (I know, weird choices but both 2GR powered), I had a 2012 RAV4 V6 Limited lined up that had been sitting at a dealer's lot about 2hrs north of me, but I didn't want to buy it and get stuck with 2 cars. Unfortunately the day I sold the tC, I called the dealer and sure enough, someone had put a deposit on the 2012 V6... shit.

However another one had called my attention at a dealer not far from my work... it was white. Knowing the issues with the white RAV4s, I decided hey... I'll go see it. She looked good, drove better than the ex's 08, so I figured ok... nothing is going to come up, let's do it!

So here she is... 2010 V6 Limited in Pearl White, kindly nicknamed Pearl the Landlord... lol (Let's see who gets the Nickname)

Trying to get some 235/65-17 Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires to put on a set of 17x8 35mm FRD wheels I have, should look decent.

The Racer stick man is a homage to a friend who passed away about 3yrs ago now, but also represents my current "single" situation, lol :p

And yes I know the V6 Badge is missing, I need to get one... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Congrats! You did open up the hood to check there IS a V6 in there right? ;)
That reminds me the time my wife bought a Mazda Tribute and the salesman told her it was a V6. I checked and low and behold it is a 4 cylinder. She returned the it to the dealer for the V6 and I bet the sales manager must have given the the salesman a lecture.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to rain on your parade, was the vehicle ever in a frontal accident? If so, perhaps when the bumper was replaced, they forgot the V6 badge?
I thought about it, but the paint matches the rest... maybe in the past at some point, or either the whole bumper was replaced, again... the whole car looks like a repaint at some point in it's life due to the white paint issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts