Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our car is a 2012 Rav 4.
We called Toyota and got a case number. They said it had to be inspected by a dealership. Then called a dealership got an inspection they called a regional Toyota rep to inspect it. He authorized the repair.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
My wife worked at Nummi (new united motors, a GM Toyota plant in the bay area that built corollas and tacomas, now Tesla) many years ago as an environmental engineer in the paint department. They has just switched over to the water based paint (not exactly sure this is right but some different formulation base to meet new regulations). They were having a lot of quality issues cause of it. Had to switch out several different type to get one that would work better. With ever change they would have to change their filtering method to capture the airborne paint particulates. Everyone was pisses all the time.

I think this is a result of that regulation change. Funny that they are still battling it. We had a white Corolla from that time period. The paint never peeled but got faded pretty quickly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blizzard Pearl paint issues

Hi all. Had the same issue on my 09 Limited I purchased as a CPO car. All looked good till I got home and noticed peeling from top of windshield to start of sunroof. Took pictures and found Toyota rep number in California. Called and explained my situation, which was looked at and repaired free of charge by a entire roof repaint. I was really surprised at the work of the Toyota certified dealer in Jacksonville NC area. They cleaned who,e car and even engine compartment. Though I had wrong car because of great work done dressing up my Rav. As of now, all is great with paint and my Rav. I really applaud Toyota for how they handled my issue. So sorry to find it is as widespread as it is. Guess they have an issue with this Blizzard White paint!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fingers Crossed

I just got my awesome 2012 Rav a few weeks ago.

I thought I did alll my research by using RAV4world daily for over a month.

Then I noticed the Blizzard Pearl issues the day I got her home from the purchase.

I sure hope mine does not become "Blizzard Peel"

I do have a tiny spot of paint lifting on the rear lower window seam ...the area behind the spare tire tight to the window.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

My 2011 Rav4 Pearl White paint is delaminating. I've had the roof repainted due to this problem, and now the driver's side rear quarter panel is delaminating. The Toyota-certified paint shop said this is definitely delimitation. Toyota Corporate is, for the most part, ignoring this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

See photos.

Thanks,
F

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello All,

My 2011 Rav4 Pearl White paint is delaminating. I've had the roof repainted due to this problem, and now the driver's side rear quarter panel is delaminating. The Toyota-certified paint shop said this is definitely delimitation. Toyota Corporate is, for the most part, ignoring this problem.

See photos.

Thanks,
F
Back at you on Blizzard Pearl de lamination! Had purchased CPO 09 RAV4 and paint started chipping off on way home. Contacted corporate and calmly spoke about my issue and sent pictures. Toyota corporate got together with selling dealer and offered to repaint my roof area. Had to take to Toyota authorized paint location also lending me a car as painting oval was about two hours from home! Did a fantastic job, actually wasn't sure it was my Rav when I picked up. Cleaned engine compartment and whole car! But now I see slight chipping on lower body area that is able to be touched up! Hope this helps but looks like Toyota has a issue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

See photos.

Thanks,
F
Just noticed the paint delaminating on the roof area between the top of the windshield and sun roof opening on our 2012 Rav4. We've had Toyotas for years including a 2000 Tundra that looks as good as the day we bought it. Hard to believe Toyatoa won't stand up on this obvious defect. They resprayed the frame on my almost 20 year old Tundra because of rust issues

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello All,

See photos.

Thanks,
F
I also have an 09 RAV4 with Blizzard Pearl paint which was factory painted(roof), and I can see more spots of paint lifting off! Think with all the issues with paint, it would seem to be a manufacturing defect! Not sure how Toyota would feel, but this is a large issue!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toyota (USA) has admitted a fault with the paint is now notifying their dealerships that they are in the process of notifying customers of issues with the specific colours BLIZZARD PEARL WHITE (070) and SUPER WHITE (040).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toyota (USA) has admitted a fault with the paint is now notifying their dealerships that they are in the process of notifying customers of issues with the specific colours BLIZZARD PEARL WHITE (070) and SUPER WHITE (040).
Just called as well and was told the same thing! Peeling just started on my Super White Camry ('15). Rep said multiple makes and models with the two colors you've mentioned. Said that we should be expecting something in the mail within the next month.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,639 Posts
I just got a 2019 Camry back in May and my front bumper is peeling. And they tried to tell me it’s because I hit a curb and wouldn’t fix it. But I got in touch with Toyota and they are investigating. Today they told me that there is a recall that is going to be coming out within the next few weeks because of paint issues and my vehicle might be one of them. They tried filling it in.
The letter from Toyota we just got said that only paint peeling from metal surfaces would be covered by the service program. Paint on plastic surfaces like your bumper cover are excluded.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts