Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello All,

My 2011 Rav4 Pearl White paint is delaminating. I've had the roof repainted due to this problem, and now the driver's side rear quarter panel is delaminating. The Toyota-certified paint shop said this is definitely delimitation. Toyota Corporate is, for the most part, ignoring this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

See photos.

Thanks,
F
HI there, And yes, many out here are finding out about the Blizzard Pearl paint that is peeling off lots of RAV's out there. I bought mine used CPO and experienced peeling before I got home. Luckily for me, corporate was nice and got my whole top repainted. Now I have noticed my paint peeling at the fuel door and back by rear door below window! I have received a letter stating Toyota is working on some kind of fixMake sure to document your paint and steps taken then call corporate at 800-228-8559 and ask about the Blizzard Pearl paint issue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my estimate to get the paint repaired through the recall program. $7,000.00! No kidding. Dealer sent quote to Toyota for approval. Once approved the work gets done. Taking paint off to metal. Only way to correct.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

My 2011 Rav4 Pearl White paint is delaminating. I've had the roof repainted due to this problem, and now the driver's side rear quarter panel is delaminating. The Toyota-certified paint shop said this is definitely delimitation. Toyota Corporate is, for the most part, ignoring this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

See photos.

Thanks,
F
I have a 2014 XLE and received a recall notice related to delamination not long ago. Basically it said they didn't have a fix yet but were making owners aware. They did say there was likely compensation available to anyone who has paid to have their vehicle repainted. Is this similar to your situation but the age of your vehicle precludes you from the recall and remedy?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I have a 2014 XLE and received a recall notice related to delamination not long ago. Basically it said they didn't have a fix yet but were making owners aware. They did say there was likely compensation available to anyone who has paid to have their vehicle repainted. Is this similar to your situation but the age of your vehicle precludes you from the recall and remedy?
Not sure what kind of a "fix" they would come up with other than sand it down and repaint it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just received my estimate to get the paint repaired through the recall program. $7,000.00! No kidding. Dealer sent quote to Toyota for approval. Once approved the work gets done. Taking paint off to metal. Only way to correct.
Corrective action approved by Toyota. Car goes in for a 14 day repaint. Will be provided with a courtesy car. Should be interesting.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts