Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Looking for some ideas or suggestions on where to find pedal extensions. 2007 Rav4 Limited Auto V6

The wife is 5 foot sharp and everytime I see her drive she is pretty much in the steering wheel. I'm 6'4 and have to move the seat all the way back to be comfortable. I guess I wouldn't be able to drive it anymore once the extensions are on...
But she is now pregnant and I really don't want her to be in a bad position if something happens.

Every idea is welcome!

I saw the post in the 4.4 section and there is one website quoted but hard to decipher how to size the extension etc.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Try Ebay or Amazon (or local car parts store where you can return if it does not fit) and search car racing pedals. Most of the pedals goes over the original pedals using a bracket. The original pedal stays in place. (really a pedal cover) I did have them on my Camry I use to own. They do make the pedal thicker so you need to move the seat back which should help if you are shorter. I got the non-slip type and your foot does not slip as much as the Toyota rubber ones.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hey everyone,

Looking for some ideas or suggestions on where to find pedal extensions. 2007 Rav4 Limited Auto V6

The wife is 5 foot sharp and everytime I see her drive she is pretty much in the steering wheel. I'm 6'4 and have to move the seat all the way back to be comfortable. I guess I wouldn't be able to drive it anymore once the extensions are on...
But she is now pregnant and I really don't want her to be in a bad position if something happens.

Every idea is welcome!

I saw the post in the 4.4 section and there is one website quoted but hard to decipher how to size the extension etc.
Never heard of extensions, but I agree, you don't want her that close to the steering wheel airbag. Hope you find some.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Google is your friend here ya go:
https://www.google.ca/search?source...enCA526CA528&q=adjustabe+brake+and+gas+pedals

I think at least one car manufacture had adjustable pedals, it might have been Chrysler, but I'm really not sure
Ott.
I know Ford had some adjustable pedals models.
Haven't looked close around, just wanted to see if someone had had the same "problem" before or if anyone could recommend a brand or style for their Rav.

I guess I'll be the guinea pig this time :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts