Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does this sound like? The first 3-4 days I didn't hear anything pulling in and out of the garage or anything. Then the past two days I hear a strange sound going into the garage. Obviously it's not surprising to only hear it in the garage with the close reflecting walls, but I just wanna make sure that's what it is. And is there a setting I may have changed because I know I didn't hear it before?

I'm surprised there aren't YouTube vids or something of this. I searched for Toyota pedestrian alert and dint come up with much useful.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Can't tell ya, never heard mine or my wife's Prius, but I haven't had good hearing for over 20yrs. :cry:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks. I assume its the pedestrian warning. It's just not the sound I expected.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What exactly does this sound like? The first 3-4 days I didn't hear anything pulling in and out of the garage or anything. Then the past two days I hear a strange sound going into the garage. .
My wife never noticed it from the driver's seat with the windows closed. From the outside it sounds like a high-pitched whistle to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have someone else drive the car slowly up to you and you will hear it. I can hear it faintly in my garage with the window open.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have heard it, it sounds like a fast version of the backup beep when you are getting close to something when reversing. It is easy to recreate. Just turn the car on, don’t even have to be in drive or reverse, and have someone walk pass the front or rear of your car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is a video explaining the 2020 Rav4 pedestrian warning sound device and location.
All US manufacturers have to make EV (electric vehicles or hybrid) to produce a sound in Park (quiet), drive (little louder) and when in reverse (annoying) lol.

·
Registered
2018 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
102 Posts
Here is a video explaining the 2020 Rav4 pedestrian warning sound device and location.
All US manufacturers have to make EV (electric vehicles or hybrid) to produce a sound in Park (quiet), drive (little louder) and when in reverse (annoying) lol.

Ermmm...This is the 4.4 Hybrid forum (2013-2018). No "beeping" when in Park, Drive, or Reverse from my 2018 R4H Limited. (Had the dealer program it to disable the in-cabin back-up beep when I had them set the Lane Change signal to 6 flashes.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don’t think most pedestrians hear it’s we get dirty looks in parking lots all the time, because people are startled when they notice your near them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts