Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Call your dealer. They were the only ones who could tell me that, YES, my VIN out of a whopping 9500 or so affected vehicles fell in the range. It can't be fixed anytime soon, either, because they don't have the parts thanks to the damned corona virus and the plant being shut down. Mid-July at the earliest and it's UNSAFE to drive. Thanks, Toyota...

EDITED.........Using The F word here is a great way to get booted out. Don't do it again.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So just like the engine block issue, I can't believe all of the control arms are made in the same plant with the same material. Unless the wrong material was called out on the spec sheet, then they can all be bad.

Mine was made in Japan so I wonder if that will make a difference.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE 2WD (Blueprint) 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD
47 Posts
Did you call Toyota and verify? There was no exceptions for any regions or places of manufacturer. This is a model-wide recall.
I believe this only affects the Rav4s made since Sept 2019. The same with the engine block issue, also the ones made since Sept 2019.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XLE 2WD (Blueprint) 2019 Rav4 XLE AWD
47 Posts
Yes, when I looked it up on the Toyota website, it stated manufacture dates of late Sep 19 to late Oct 19.
Yeah my 2019 XLE was made in March 2019. I tried it on NHTSA too and the same says, no recall on mine. Have you tried looking up on yours on NHTSA?

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
The VIN range said late Sep 2019 - late Oct 2019.
So the assumption is that your's was built within the date range since it's included, correct?

·
Registered
972 Posts
It's not an assumption at all. That's what it straight up said. I don't really care when it was made. Just if the VIN is on the recall list or not and mine is.
The specific time frame could be helpful for others and that is the reason for this forum.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.