Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some members have already complained about the uncomfortable seats in their RAV4s including myself, I think I may have found the perfect seat/lumbar cushion.

I bought my 2016 SE AWD in July and everyday has been pretty painful for my rear and tailbone. I've tried several cushions including kitchen chair cushions (too thick) and none have worked to eliminate the pain entirely. Saw this on Amazon and decided what the heck for under $23. Got it yesterday and used it going to work and back home. It felt really good. Did not have any pain at all. The cushion material is not the typical foam, gel, stuffing, etc in most cushions. I can't describe it, but I've included a picture from the box. When you squeeze or press down on it, it makes a cracking sound and it immediately returns to its shape/height once you take you weight off it. The lumbar pillow is attached to the seat portion with Velcro. You can use them together or separately. There is an elastic strap with Velcro on the lumbar cushion that wraps around the RAV4's seat back, but with the side bolsters on the RAV4 the lumbar cushion doesn't rest against the seat back. In my picture I have the lumbar cushion under my sheepskin seat vest. As you can see, the seat cushion covers the ENTIRE seat. That's a major plus as many other cushions don't. Also for being only 1.5" thick, the seat cushion is not hard at all but yet provides a lot of "soft" support. You have to try it to understand what I'm saying. It's really that good. The lumbar cushion may be a little too thick for some people, but you will quickly get used to it or not use it at all if your driver's seat already has lumbar adjustments.

I see sellers on EBay selling it cheaper, so I might just pick up three more.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01CZ7IJEY/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
As some members have already complained about the uncomfortable seats in their RAV4s including myself, I think I may have found the perfect seat/lumbar cushion.

I bought my 2016 SE AWD in July and everyday has been pretty painful for my rear and tailbone. I've tried several cushions including kitchen chair cushions and none have worked to eliminate the pain entirely. Saw this on Amazon and decided what the heck for under $23. Got it yesterday and used it going to work and back home. It felt really good. Did not notice any pain at all. The cushion material is not the typical foam, gel, stuffing, etc in most cushions. I can't describe it, but I've included a picture from the box. When you squeeze or press down on it, it make a cracking sound and it immediately returns to its shape/height once you take you weight off it. The lumbar pillow is attached to the seat portion with Velcro. You can use them together or separately. The is an elastic strap with Velcro that wraps around the seat back, but with the side bolsters on the RAV4 the lumbar Cushion doesn't rest against the seat back. In my picture I have the lumbar cushion under my sheepskin seat vest. As you can see, the seat cushion covers the ENTIRE seat. That's a major plus as many other cushions don't.

I want that. what does it do?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I bought my 2016 SE AWD in July and everyday has been pretty painful for my rear and tailbone. I've tried several cushions including kitchen chair cushions and none have worked to eliminate the pain entirely. Saw this on Amazon and decided what the heck for under $23. Got it yesterday and used it going to work and back home. It felt really good. Did not notice any pain at all. The cushion material is not the typical foam, gel, stuffing, etc in most cushions. I can't describe it, but I've included a picture from the box. When you squeeze or press down on it, it make a cracking sound and it immediately returns to its shape/height once you take you weight off it. The lumbar pillow is attached to the seat portion with Velcro. You can use them together or separately. The is an elastic strap with Velcro that wraps around the seat back, but with the side bolsters on the RAV4 the lumbar Cushion doesn't rest against the seat back. In my picture I have the lumbar cushion under my sheepskin seat vest. As you can see, the seat cushion covers the ENTIRE seat. That's a major plus as many other cushions don't.

I want that. what does it do?
It's a cushion. Gives your seat more cushion and more lumbar support.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a cushion. Gives your seat more cushion and more lumbar support.
Does your rav4 have adjustable lumbar support?
Yes, I have the power seats. It comes standard for the SE.

I didn't say my back hurt, just my butt and tailbone. Lumbar adjustment did nothing for it obviously. Second day with it and the seat cushion is really comfortable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The seats on my 2016 RAV4 SE are very uncomfortable. It will hurt your lower back and butt. Anyway the seat cushion you have found may just work. I did some research and it has great reviews. I will try this cushion. I have also tried different cushions without true comfort result, just ok results. Thank you for sharing your finding and testimony.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I find my SE power seat pretty darn comfortable, but I like the idea of that to protect and take summer heat also. Does the lumbar support separate from the lower cushion to just use the lower seat pad? Thank you for the tip.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I find my SE power seat pretty darn comfortable, but I like the idea of that to protect and take summer heat also. Does the lumbar support separate from the lower cushion to just use the lower seat pad? Thank you for the tip.
Yes, they are connected by a Velcro strip

·
Registered
428 Posts
Not sure about RAV interior issues, but as a warning, there are a lot of people very upset this is ruining their leather seats! not good.

Don't Buy it! By karen Anderson on June 27, 2015 I bought this lumbar pillow, and seat for my new car. I not only found it uncomfortable, but the seat left black dye on my cream colored leather seat. My car is six weeks old and looks like crap now. Very upset with this purchase. DON'T BUY IT!
https://www.amazon.com/Aerocore-Automotive-Cooling-Lumbar-Cushion/dp/B00UU83YR8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8#customerReviews

·
Registered
2 Posts
about ready to trade my RAV4 in for something else...

I just bought the car about 3 months ago, but since then i have so much pain in my legs and butt and can't stand it - going in for shots this week, it's becoming difficult to even walk.. The dealer loaned me a HighLander for a couple of days which has multiple adjustments to the seat (mine is an LE), but my butt is so sore that I can't tell a difference anymore. I'm on anti-inflammatory meds and everything. I hate the seat - my Yaris seat was perfect, I should have just kept it!

After my shots, my next purchase will be an AirHawk Truck seat cusion, (I've tried others and I'm now sitting on a pillow). I'm hoping that this will help. If there was a seat out there that I could use to replace this one, I would do it in a minute providing it didn't cost $2k...

:mad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just bought the car about 3 months ago, but since then i have so much pain in my legs and butt and can't stand it - going in for shots this week, it's becoming difficult to even walk.. The dealer loaned me a HighLander for a couple of days which has multiple adjustments to the seat (mine is an LE), but my butt is so sore that I can't tell a difference anymore. I'm on anti-inflammatory meds and everything. I hate the seat - my Yaris seat was perfect, I should have just kept it!

After my shots, my next purchase will be an AirHawk Truck seat cusion, (I've tried others and I'm now sitting on a pillow). I'm hoping that this will help. If there was a seat out there that I could use to replace this one, I would do it in a minute providing it didn't cost $2k...

Try the Aerocore seat cushion that I recommended. I've had them for several months now, and my butt doesn't hurt anymore at least not on my daily commute to and back from work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts